Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fillet command

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
BrianMetruk2457
830 Views, 9 Replies

Fillet command

Years ago in GenericCad the fillet command was very unique. When you used the fillet command the second line picked would take on the properties of the first line picked. There is hardly a day goes by that I could use that feature. It would be a time saver. AutoCad seems to turn a deaf ear to my request to have this feature included In AutoCadLT. Surely this command could be turned off or on if a person did not want the feature. I know that there is a command to take on the properties of another line etc.. This involves two more picks.

Is there any one out there who feels the same way or would like to comment on the feature.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: BrianMetruk2457

Hi Brian,

This would be useful, they could have an option where is gave you a choice on whether to match properties of the second object to the first object selected when filleting.

They could implement this query to the user by adding an option alongside the undo, polyline, radius, etc.

So when the fillet command asks you to select first object or (Undo/Polyline/Radius/Trim/Multiple) there is an additional option to allow you to match properties.

Martin Mitchell

Message 3 of 10

At least I have one person who agrees with me!!

Message 4 of 10

This does behave as you ask when using Polylines or a Polyline to a Line

Message 5 of 10

I do not normally draw with poly lines. I never have, should I be?

Message 6 of 10

I don't think so but I am sure there are others who will say you should.

How are you going about changing the Property of the line now when you need to?

Using MATCHPROP?

Message 7 of 10
pendean

Future features and wishlists are held at WWW.AUGI.COM, just convince a few hundred of your closest friends to push it up in popularity and it may happen in a future release.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

Brian,

I started out many, many moons ago using Generi Cadd as well. I still have 2 copies of it. I vaguely remember what you are talking about. Today however I don't think I would want it working that way automatically. You could convert the line to a polyline and then do fillet or do a match properties after the fact. I prefer to not have the match properties being the default. Just my opinion.

Message 9 of 10

Here's the link to submit feature requests:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

Bryce Thelin
AutoCAD Product Support
Message 10 of 10
BrianMetruk2457
in reply to: Anonymous

I don't think that It would be an automatic thing. You should have a choice whether to use the command ot not, similar to many other commands.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators