Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0040 Exception at 6ce39eh

34 REPLIES 34
Message 1 of 35
Anonymous
2670 Views, 34 Replies

FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0040 Exception at 6ce39eh

AutoCAD LT 2002 is shutting down shortly after start-up due to this error. I am running Windows XP. Does anyone have a clue on how to fix? Thanks in advance.
34 REPLIES 34
Message 21 of 35
kurts
in reply to: Anonymous

I tried it in two other profiles and it is still a problem
Message 22 of 35
astranks

From another AutoCAD LT thread...
"
Reply From: scott_gutierrez
Date: May/17/04 - 03:06 (GMT)

Re: FATAL ERROR - unhandled access violation reading 0x0040 exception at 6cfc5eh
I've been getting this error on one of my machines at the office, too.

After following the instructions in the knowledge base to no avail, I ended up disabling the TODAY startup dialog under Tools, Options, System, General Options. Then I set "Check Point A for Live Enabler options" to NEVER under the Live Enabler Options section.

Stable so far...
"

I tried this and it didn't work right away. I also had to change the startup to display the traditional startup dialogue as opposed to TODAY. No errors so far...
Message 23 of 35
astranks

So I did get the error again - I then unloaded a print-tracking program "LaserTrack" and the error has now ceased.
Message 24 of 35
dmac

I'm having the same problem with the 6ce39eh error. I am using LT2002 with Windows XP pro. The problem started shortly after an adware attack and my system now wont let me download software properly. It appears that some common use files have been changed that don't allow the dwg to stay on screen. The only fix I have seen in the discussion group is to reload XP again. Any input would be appreciated.
Message 25 of 35
Anonymous

>>>... an adware attack ...<<< That usually causes system damage: you are lucky yours still runs. Unless the programmer that caused the damage tells you in person what all it did, it's hard to even guess where to start the repair.... . -- Dean Saadallah Add-on products for LT http://www.pendean.com/lt --
Message 26 of 35
Anonymous

I'm having the same exact problem. No trouble with any other software, just Autocad crashing about 10 seconds after start up. Unhandled Access violation Reading 0x0040 exception at 6ce39eh. How did anyone solve this problem?
Message 27 of 35
dmac

I backed up the hard drive over our LAN to another pc and then had to format the hard drive. I then reloaded XPpro and ACAD LT2002 and the other software then transferred over the dwgs and other docs back to my PC. Everything is running excellent and even better since the XP install is not an upgrade of Windows Me. Machine much faster.
Message 28 of 35
Anonymous

Excellent. And good advise too. -- Dean Saadallah Add-on products for LT http://www.pendean.com/lt --
Message 29 of 35
Anonymous

Thanks,reloading worked just fine. Only hitch, I had email in my inbox, that I forgot to backup. My own fault, just warning the next guy.
Message 30 of 35
Anonymous

Help? I got the same searchbot problem. About:blank Since then I installed anti-virus and firewall (Defender Pro 10 in 1). After installing it said searchbot was a trojan horse.
All of my other software is running fine except that the notepad.exe is missing. Could this be the problem this error message is coming from? Is there a way to re-install notepad.exe without reformatting?
Message 31 of 35
Anonymous

Help Just started having this problem. Even when I disabled all virus protection programs and anti-spy problems, and AutoCAD Lt still crashes, exactly as described by others in this thread. Since it has been several months since the last post to this thread, I am hoping that AutoCAD has come up with a solution. Obviously some trojan or virus has found a weakness in AutoCAD, which remains after the protection software has done its work, but with the frequency of hack-attacks these days, I can't be reformatting my hard drive every month, and I am very much up to date on my protection programs. I run McAfee Virus Scan, McAfee Firewall, and Venus Spy Subtract Pro, as well as occasionally running Cool Web Shredder. I just downloaded the two patches I know of for Lt 2002.
Message 32 of 35
Anonymous

I forgot to mention that I have also reinstalled AutoCAD Lt 2 times, once with the fix errors option and once with the total reinstall option.
Message 33 of 35
Anonymous

Had same problem with fatal error for several months. Tried everything except reloading windows XP and decided I would probably have to have a separate computer on which to run AutoCAD. Then I discovered I had a program installed on my computer called Bulls Eye Network which was giving me unwanted pop-ups even with my pop-up blocker working.
I got rid of the program by deleting it in my program files and that took care of the unwanted pop-ups and low and behold when I went to try AutoCAD the next time, it worked. I cannot say for sure, but this seemed to be the problem area for me.
Hope this helps someone else as well.
Message 34 of 35
Anonymous

Seems as if its a software conflict or something loading up that shouldn't, try restarting in safe mode and reboot again afterwards it worked for me.
Message 35 of 35
jnelson1071
in reply to: jgs1971

I don't see much for resolutions to this error, but we have a similar error using Autocad and Civil 3D 2014 but when running through RDP.

Our exact errror is "FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0040 Exception at ed982b50h" in our case.  I have found by using RDP that AutoCAD 2014 and Civil 3D 2014 do not like hardware acceleration being on.  If it is on we get this fatal error crash on some computers.  Testing while sitting at the computer the software launches up fine.  You can force the application to startup with Hardware Acceleration off by modifying the shortcut to launch the program.  Put at the end of the target location " /NOHARDWARE" with leading space and without quotes.  

Example AutoCAD 2014

Just copy the shortcut, then modify propertys to be "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2014\acad.exe" /product ACAD /language "en-US" /p /NOHARDWARE

Hope that helps someone else looking up this error.

Here is a link that talks about switches http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Startup...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost