Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diameter symbol showing up as an outlined square

26 REPLIES 26
Message 1 of 27
Anonymous
5692 Views, 26 Replies

Diameter symbol showing up as an outlined square

I have attached a screen shot of the problem I am experiencing in my edition of AutoCAD LT 2016. As you can see, the diameter symbol is showing up as an outlined square and when I attempt to print a drawing there is no symbol at all, just the number associated with the diameter. I have reset AutoCAD LT to default settings and I am still experiencing the same results. Any help and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

Autocad Diameter.PNG

26 REPLIES 26
Message 21 of 27
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

I discovered recently (for another program that needed a custom font) that it's best to remove a font from Windows's Fonts folder (right-click, select delete, it will ask you about it and then "uninstall it") before you reinstall the replacement font.
A Windows restart after that seems to correct any issues any programs have with changing.
Message 22 of 27
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

I was able to delete all Arial fonts except regular Arial because it is in use somewhere. I then replaced all of the Arial fonts and installed. After that I restarted the computer and the issue is still taking place.

Message 23 of 27
pendean

You need to get a clean ARIAL font from here, tips on replacement also in here http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-desktop/lost-font-arial-regular-how-can-i...

You might have to boot Windows7 into safe mode if you can first to replace it without deleting it http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Start-your-computer-in-safe-mode
Message 24 of 27
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

@pendean

I have already followed the steps and options laid out in the link you have provided and they have not accomplished anything. I do not have the capability, at this time, to start my computer in safe mode. 

Message 25 of 27
Anonymous

I do not know if you solved this yet.  I have the same problem.  Do you have SAP installed on your computer.  I have SAP and I noticed that it changes some of the fonts for its own program use.

Message 26 of 27
Calin_Brutus

copy that symbol to clipboard.

Type Find , enter that symbol in the first dialog box.

Replace with %%D  ( in the second dialog box )

Press enter.

Done. 

Message 27 of 27
Anonymous

Mine does the same thing too. Have you found a solution yet?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report