Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

default printer problem

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
328 Views, 2 Replies

default printer problem

Why does the default printer selection travel with the drawing file?  How can I change that?

When i open someone elses drawing, go to print, it is trying to find his printer.

I want to print it to my printer as default.  Instead, I have to go thru extra steps to choose  my printer selection.

It is extra cumbersome because i first get the message that Autocad can't find his printer, then I have to say ok, then choose which printer I want to use.  Help!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
cadffm
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

not just with the file, which each Layout(and model).

Why?

Because each of them have there own PAGESETUP

and the printer is part of a pagesetup.

And it isn't just the printer, each papersize is part of the windows printer (or the printer config file pc3).

So a page from printerA can have differently pagesizes to printerB,

also if the name is the same.

Every time you select another printer, also if you switch between your owns,

you also select another paperdefinition.

It's a bit more technic than you think about.

What you don't like now, it's important and useful in other cases.

And no, there is no option you are after,

no with just one click.

Sebastian

Message 3 of 3
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

That's how the program works: AutoCAD has always given the file creator total control, never the file recipient.

You can use PUBLISH to plot to PDF then your printer.
OR
You will need to customize a button to change the device to your own, if you feel up to it, read this https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-forum/set-default-printer/m-p/6041154#M112690
Or
Create a master TEMPLATE file with saved pagesetup to import when you need them, read this earlier post with links to tutorials https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-lt-forum/can-t-set-a-default-printer-in-lt2013/m-p/9164650#M1...

HTH

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report