Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Extraction from AutoCAD LT 2018

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mduffy
5599 Views, 4 Replies

Data Extraction from AutoCAD LT 2018

Am at a loss on how to extract data (from a floor plan layer--need space #s and x/y axes points) to an excel file.  Can I do it in AutoCADLT 2018?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: mduffy

No such thing as 'space numbers' or coordinates extraction in LT if I understood you correctly, sounds like you need another version of AutoCAD like Civil perhaps?
Message 3 of 5
steven-g

Nope no magic commands in LT, the best you could hope for is using the list command after selecting objects, and then copy the command history or look at using log files, and get that into excel yourself, from there you can manipulate the results, the list command will give you a lot of information, such as layers and coordinates depending on the type of geometry you use. hatching is great for areas, or polyline again for areas and perimeters of rooms. But it is a manual, labour intensive method. It does, however, contain just about as much actual information as the DATAEXTRACT command, just in a jumbled up user unfriendly sort of way.

But it is fun if you enjoy that sort of thing.

Message 4 of 5
john.vellek

Hi @mduffy,

If you can capture the Space Numbers and manually input the coordinates into attributes within a block then you should be able to get this done in AutoCAD LT using ATTEXT.

Do you have a sample file that you can share? I am happy to help you get a workflow for this process.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 5 of 5
john.vellek

Hi @mduffy,

I am checking back to see if my post or others helped you with your problem. Please add a post with how you decide to proceed and your results so other Community members may benefit.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if a post or posts solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost