Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Export as CSV from AutoCAD LT 2020

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
ntakvarelia
2803 Views, 5 Replies

Data Export as CSV from AutoCAD LT 2020

Hi there,

Is it possible to export data from AutoCAD LT in CSV format? 

I was using full version of AutoCAD, where I used 'dataextract' command to extract block xy coordinates and block attributes into CSVs. So wondering whether this is also possible in LT version?

If not, are there any extensions / plugins anyone can recommend for the LT version to help achieve this?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
steven-g
in reply to: ntakvarelia

Nope, nope, nope, dataextraction isn't in the LT tools, LT also cannot use extensions nor can it use plugins. You can use Attext which requires a block with at least one attribute (plus an extraction template file) or you can use the 'list' command to get information from Autocad into Excel. But none of that is automated, what sort of data do you want to get out.

Message 3 of 6

@ntakvarelia - AutoCAD LT does not have native export capability as Steven indicated. However, if you share a little more about what you are trying to export, the community might be able to come up with some workaround.

Message 4 of 6
edward.nyhof
in reply to: steven-g

Steven
I am trying to use ATTEXT to export the X, Y, Z of a block with 2 attributes (Name, Feature Code), but do not have an extraction template file - can yo help?
Ed
Message 5 of 6

Attached is an Autocad lt dwg file. I am trying to get the lines out in any format. I can get the data points from the DXF file but I am looking for something easier.

Message 6 of 6
pendean
in reply to: stan_ruggio

@stan_ruggio wrote:

Attached is an Autocad lt dwg file. I am trying to get the lines out in any format. I can get the data points from the DXF file but I am looking for something easier.

See your other duplicate post https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-lt-forum/i-want-to-export-line-data/m-p/12376995#M203119

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost