Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cursor moving in a grid pattern

49 REPLIES 49
SOLVED
Message 1 of 50
Anonymous
267671 Views, 49 Replies

Cursor moving in a grid pattern

Can someone please help me with this problem?

As I move my cursor around my drawing, rather than moving smoothly, it jumps in 1/2" increments (architectural). This means I am unable to place it over certain objects that aren't located on one of those spots on the 1/2" grid. If I zoom in pretty close on an object and move my cursor, it jumps right out of my screen.

Help please!
49 REPLIES 49
Message 41 of 50

Then, it isn't a real snap.

Check it with your own eyes (in front of the pc or by remote session).

1. Check: SNAP setting (SNAPMODE=0)

2. Check: Is it a real regular visible or invisible "grid", or is it just a random jumping/lagging cursor?

Share a screencast..

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 42 of 50

Thanks for input. Both the grid and grid snap are off. I also turn off Osnap. It's like an invisible grid as you put it. 

It just started happening recently. I suspected maybe I got a setting switched from a client's file or something. What I just realized is dynamic input was causing it. When it's on I don't really notice somehow. Im wondering if something with my grapahics card settings etc changed without me relaizing because I've been using the same version on the same computer for over a year and never had the problem until recently. Coincidentally perhaps, but right after I installed Revit Lt. 

Thanks again!

Message 43 of 50

@virginia.fry.design wrote:

What I just realized is dynamic input was causing it.....

Coincidentally perhaps, but right after I installed Revit Lt. 

While anything is possible, some of us in our offices have REVIT LT and AutoCADLT installed and none of us are seeing this issue. We are running 2022s/2023s versions across the board.

Message 44 of 50

"some of us in our offices have REVIT LT and AutoCADLT installed and none of us are seeing this issue." Thanks, that is good to know. 

It sounds like the only way a Revit LT install could possibly cause this is if it asked to update my graphics card driver and I just impatiently clicked "yes" and didn't realize it. Not being much into hardware and drivers etc I'm not sure that is even a thing anymore. It seems ages since I have had a driver issue with anything except a printer, which....yeah....we've all been there at some point since Windows has been around.

I am going to put this one down to what my little brother the mechanic calls "operator head space and timing." I really think it was me simply not realizing dynamic input was on. When that is off everything seems OK.

Message 45 of 50
ganatbasa73
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi there,

I'm working on a 2D project where I want to use an image as a reference in the background.

Is there some way to move an image all the way into the background, behind the grid? Or maybe some way to always show the grid if that isn't possible https://getappvalley.com/?

The only way I've found so far is to switch to a 3D visual style, but that's not exactly ideal.

Message 46 of 50
Anonymous
in reply to: ganatbasa73

Three ways:

Go to:

1: View / Visual Styles / Wireframe will show the grid on top of image.
2: View / Visual Styles / 2D Wirefame will show the image on top of grid.
3: Draw your own grid using lines and the array command on a unique layer, and then using move to back or front to control it.

Message 47 of 50
BhaskarMurari

Also please check if you set  SNAPBASE to 0, 0 or not?

Most of the cases changing the snapbase to 0,0 has resolved the issues. Kindly check.

Message 48 of 50
coreyksmith

YIKES this entire thread is filled with bad information.
CORRECT SOLUTION:
1. Enter osnap settings, go to the snap and grid tab, change snap x and y spacing to 1/64" precision. 
2. As others mentioned, F8 turns ortho on/off, F9 turns snaps on/off. 

Message 49 of 50

You're annoyed a drafting application can be set to constrain perpendicularly at different precisions, and hoping Adobe of all companies absorbs Autodesk? ...you are just wrong about everything lol  

The solution no one mentioned on this thread is to adjust the snap precision settings, under the snap and grid tab in the osnap menu.   

Message 50 of 50

I found out this function is triggered with F9 key after you have selected a modify tool, i.e. "move" 

you can switch it off by pressing any modify tool + F9 🙂 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators