Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

crash on exit

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
jagnag1
986 Views, 11 Replies

crash on exit

About 50% of the time, I get a crash when closing a drawing.  When this happens, I get the following message: "AutoCAD LT Application has stopped working".  This has been going on for sometime now and sometimes I am prompted to report the error, sometimes not.   Everything shuts down, so if I have several drawing files open, I will loose any changes made unless I do a hard save for each one (which I have gotten used to doing).

I have the same problem with my license of Architectural Desktop 2004.  My version of LT is 2011, running Windows 7 Pro, 64 Bit.

Any ideas?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Charles_Shade
in reply to: jagnag1

There are a number of responses that point to the Video Card driver being at issue.

Laptop?

Desktop?

I'll link this thread incase its a Laptop. It's a start:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-2012/AutoCAD-closes-when-closing-a-drawing/td-p/3514142

Message 3 of 12
jagnag1
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Desktop.

Message 4 of 12
wlajemian
in reply to: Charles_Shade

I have the same problem. Brand new machine, Dell Precision T3610, 3.7 ghz, 32 GB RAM, Nvidia Quadro K4000, w/3.0 GB memory. Windows Pro 64 bit. Transferred 32 bit license from older computer to new computer. Installed 64 bit version. License activated successfully. I haven't even been able to run a the program long enought to open a file. All I have been able to do is configure the environment. As soon as I click on anything it shuts down. I get the same message that the program has stopped working and will shut down. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no luck.

JUST NEED TO EMPHASISE THE COMPUTER IS BRAND NEW!

My only other resort is to upgrade to ACAD Arch 2015 at considerable expense, or put license back on old and slow computer.

Help!

Message 5 of 12
pendean

@wlajemian did you try the suggested link above for a possible cure?

Brand new or old, there is something on your PC in Windows that's is the cause of the crash.
Message 6 of 12
wlajemian

I saw the link. I don't quite know what it means by dual video card config. I have a workstation not a laptop. Would a desktop also have a dual video card? I will also try to see if my drivers are up to date. Please explain. Perhaps it means the internal video on the motherboard is active?

Thanks
Message 7 of 12
wlajemian
in reply to: pendean

okay, i updated the video card driver. No change. the program is crashing on start up. It doesn't get past loading the ribbon and pallettes.

Message 8 of 12
pendean
in reply to: wlajemian

Is this a Win8 OS?
Your exact AutoCAD version and variant?
Have you tried to reset AutoCAD?
Is there any error message at all?
Any chance you can use some diagnostic software to identify the reason for the program crash? Lots of tools out there including freeware like PROCESSMONITOR for example.

Have you tried to remove all Autodesk software on your PC and reinstalling it? Follow Autodesk's exact procedures for doing so, don;t just rely on Windows to figure it out http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Recomme...
Message 9 of 12
wlajemian

Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit. AutoCAD Architecture 2011 64 bit, installed with Updates 1 & 2. I will try to do some more diagnostics and get more info to you. Also I will try to uninstall the program and reinstall.

Message 10 of 12
wlajemian

I did a clean uninstall and install, installed both updates. It crashed again as I was confiuring palettes. I opened it again and only configured two palettes, the tools palette and the properties palette. Previously I opened the ADC palette and Layer properties manager. the second time I opened the program I did not open the layer prop mgr or ADC palette. I opened and closed a couple of files and closed the program successfully without it crashing.

See my screen shot of the message. In the past I would get this message followed by the Autodesk trouble reporting window. This time I got none. Just the statement saying the something caused the program to stop and will close.

Attached is the screen shot of the message.

I am going to do a diagnostic to find any conflicts. Will keep you posted

Message 11 of 12
wlajemian

I am attaching the event viewer log. I don't understand the jargon, maybe you can shed some light on it? Thanks

Message 12 of 12
wlajemian

Sorry here is the attachment

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost