Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ClicUIButton?

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
kroushZ32YM
12458 Views, 12 Replies

ClicUIButton?

In AutoCAD Lt 2021, a "ClicUIButton" button has appeared in the upper right hand corner next the account options button.  When I click it, the message "Establish an Internet connection to explore options" is displayed.  I wasn't able to find any references by searching help, searching this forum, or reviewing the New Features.  Does anyone know what this is?

Labels (1)
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
steven-g
in reply to: kroushZ32YM

ou post a screenshot showing us what you are seeing?

Message 3 of 13
pendean

Do you have a HELP button there? HELP is online (and you need an internet connection) unless you deliberately install the OFFLINE HELP, it's always been like that for quite some time

Capture.JPG

Message 4 of 13
kroushZ32YM
in reply to: steven-g

cLICuibUTTON.png

This is what I see

Message 5 of 13
pendean

No idea what that is, never seen it before, it's not on any LT2021 seats in our office: is this an EDU license or a trial version?
or are you outside North America/EU?

Let me tag an Autodesk staffer or two for help too @natasha.l @lim.wendy
Message 6 of 13
steven-g

You do need to establish an internet connection at least once every 30 days, so that AutoCAD can 'phone home' and verify you have an active licence, it looks like that is just there to let you know you have 30 days left before AutoCAD needs to do that. You probably have no internet connection for that symbol to show up (or a problem with AutoCAD accessing your internet connection).

Message 7 of 13
kroushZ32YM
in reply to: steven-g

This is the correct answer. The "30" icon indicates that it has been more than 30 days since I had logged in. However, something wasn't working right because when I clicked the button it indicated I didn't have an internet connection. While right next to it, the user identification box indicated I was logged in and I was able to access my account.  Further more, I was able to access online help and this forum. Yesterday as I was shutting down for the night I clicked the "30" button for the heck of it and up popped the login box.  I logged in and closed the program.  This morning the "30" button is gone.

Message 8 of 13
lim.wendy

Thanks, @pendean for letting me know. 

I reached out to my peer in Tech support, and he recommended the following articles to troubleshoot the issue: 

"Trial expired" or "Your trial has ended" after a new installation of Autodesk software

Autodesk software runs in trial mode despite having a license

@kroushZ32YM If the issue persists, please let me know. 

Wendy Lim

Data Nerd | Community Advocate | AEC Industry

facebook twitter twitter blogs pm

Join the new online Rail Community

Customer Value Hub

Message 9 of 13
kroushZ32YM
in reply to: lim.wendy

Hi Wendy,

This morning I when I started AC lt. the ClicUIButton was back only this time it displayed "26" which I guess is the number of days of the 2021 trial I have left.  I then tried the "Autodesk software runs in trial mode despite having a license" link you you provided and deleted the folders and files according to the instructions. Then started AutoCad Lt. Even though I had my browser open and was log in to this form, a different type of message box comes up with "Explore Options" and underneath that is "Establish an internet connection to explore options."  When I click the "sign in" or the ClicUIButton I get a message box with "This page isn’t working

accounts.autodesk.com didn’t send any data.

ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

I can open files and work on them but AutoCad lt. does not detect my internet connection, so I can't login.  Although, the 26 days left of my 2021 trial is a moot point because I am retiring in 21 days. But perhaps solving this will help someone else.

Message 10 of 13
UWSERVICES

I am convinced it is just a countdown towards the expiration of your license, no matter what type of license you have.

My AutoCAD LT annual subscription expires 22 August, the little clock showing 22 as of today, 31 July. A bit of a useless gadget if you ask me.

Message 11 of 13
aausummit

Just for giggles, tried signe out and quit on my Autodesk 360 account and restarted AutoCAD and viola, no more countdown clock. Sometimes you just gotta unplug it from the wall and plug it back in. 

===========
C3D 2020.5.2
===========
W10 Pro v1903/18362.1016
Intel Core i7-2600K CPU @3.40GHz
24 GB RAM
AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series
Message 12 of 13
matteo.sturaro.06
in reply to: pendean

Io ho il suo stesso problema! Ho scaricato la versione 2023 utilizzando un account "studente", tanto da aver inviato la certificazione del mio istituto ad AUTOCAD in modo tale che mi verificasse l'autenticità. Cosa posso fare? (SE HAI BISOGNO DI PIU' INFORMAZIONI HO FATTO PERSONALMENTE UNA RECENSIONE: OSSERVA IL MIO PROFILO E LA TROVI, ANCHE PERCHE' E' L'UNICA CHE HO FATTO). Grazie.
Message 13 of 13
pendean
in reply to: matteo.sturaro.06

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost