Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocks with Fields, is it possible?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
SoTimSaid
195 Views, 2 Replies

Blocks with Fields, is it possible?

My field is Architecture. I have to place multiple callouts for different assembly conditions, these callouts are on multiple pages. My problem is that as the assembly conditions grow and change so that condition 1 becomes condition 2, I have to go through the entire sheetset and methodically check each callout to ensure each condition 1 becomes condition 2. Is there a way to use fields in a block, so I don't have to waste time on looking for like objects? 

I have tried creating a block, inserting a field. in the Field name, I click sheetview. From there it is just straight confusion. 

Thanks in advance!

Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Washingtonn
in reply to: SoTimSaid

Please provide more complete information - examples of what you have now, what needs to change, the blocks involved......remember that no one in the forum can see your screen, drawing, or read your mind - too little information will result in few responses as people don't want to spend the time making assumptions based on sketchy information.

Message 3 of 3
pendean
in reply to: SoTimSaid

So this is an SSM Field? Do you have Field updates turned off https://help.autodesk.com/view/ACD/2023/ENU/?guid=GUID-EF5D2DDE-A170-4BB4-8F76-7F3FAFE30E56#:~:text=...

How would a block automagically solve this refresh-a-field need exactly?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report