Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT license borrowing

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
452 Views, 4 Replies

AutoCAD LT license borrowing

Hello,

I am considering puchase an AutoCAD LT subscription. It requires to be connected to the internet each time I log in. I travel quite a bit and am not always connected to the internet. Can I "borrow" my license like I do at work when I am traveling?  

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
DarrenP
in reply to: Anonymous

no

its only standalone licensing

it looks like your looking at the desktop subscription option

read this

Does the software included with Desktop Subscription require an internet connection to work?
The desktop software will work offline for up to 14 days, at which point you must connect to the Internet to continue. After seven days of disconnected use, you will be reminded about the requirement to connect to the Internet. An Internet connection is required in order to access cloud services.

if thats the case you may want to look at perputual licensing which doesn't require internet connection only for activation

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
pendean

Are you buying a license? +/-$1000 out of pocket?
or 'renting' a license? for a few months or month-to-month for a lot less money?

renting = desktop subscription at Autodesk because they can't think of a less confusing thing to call it.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Annual subscription. Is sad that it chains a mobile person such as myself to a desk. I work in areas with out network connection so can't use a derive I'm paying for. When you have a monopoly, you can call the shots.
Message 5 of 5
pendean

Annual Subscription, which is NOT renting, does not require constant log-ins.

Desktop Subscription (month to month or 3-month blocks or pay-as-you-go), which IS renting, requires occasional log-in as noted above.

Their naming convention is exceptionally confusing for the average customer.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost