Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2021 Auto Number options

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
brettUJWC6
10538 Views, 12 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2021 Auto Number options

My Company recently purchased AutoCAD LT 2021.  Upon installing it we realized it does not have the "Tcount" command which allows you to auto number text.

Is anyone aware of any alternatives or plugins that can be used in AutoCAD 2021 to auto number text when using a prefix, suffix, text selection order, etc.?

Pretty bummed out that this isn't included in the LT version.  Thank you in advance for any and all help.

Tags (1)
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
steven-g
in reply to: brettUJWC6

The alternative is full AutoCAD? This is one of the many reasons that AutoCAD LT is a lot cheaper, NO express tools, NO Lisp, NO Plugins

Message 3 of 13
cadffm

>>"in AutoCAD 2021"

Not in AutoCAD 2021, you mean in LT Versions..

Answer: No, not possible!

No API, what means no Expresstools or other PlugIns or codes written in Lisp VBA .Net and the other APIs.

Thats, and tge 3D Object parts of AutoCAD is not part of LT and thats why it is much cheaper.

- Sebastian -
Message 4 of 13
brettUJWC6
in reply to: steven-g

Upgrading to the full version might might be an option still but it will be pricey with 6 seats.  It looks like Tcount was included in AutoCAD LT up until 2018.  I understand that the lite version may not come with all the 3d capabilities but at the end of the day we are a 2d countertop company so the full version seems like a waste.

I was hoping for another option that didn't require a refund, repurchase.

We ran 2007 in the past and we were able to add an increase text command that worked great.

Message 5 of 13
rkmcswain

@brettUJWC6 wrote:

It looks like Tcount was included in AutoCAD LT up until 2018.

Hmmmm.... I wonder why they did that?  Are you contractually bound to using AutoCAD (and/or AutoCAD LT)? If not there are less expensive alternatives that do have an API available for customization like this.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 6 of 13
brettUJWC6
in reply to: rkmcswain

Yes i wonder why indeed.... lol

No, we are not bound to them in anyway.  Just a lot more familiar/comfortable with AutoCAD than anything else.

Message 7 of 13
cadffm

>>"was included in AutoCAD LT up until 2018."

No.

>>"  I understand that the lite version may not come with all the 3d capabilities"

And no Interface for plugIns, like the unsupported ExpressTools.

(I would never rent/buy LT  because of this fact)

- Sebastian -
Message 8 of 13
steven-g

Do you really need all six seats operating the tcount command at the exact same time. It would make more sense to have just one seat of full AutoCAD and the rest using LT, that might mean a bit of workflow adaption but surely that wouldn't be a major hurdle. Who says it has to be all full or all LT.

Message 9 of 13
brettUJWC6
in reply to: steven-g

That's a good idea but I don't think it will be feasible.  We create production drawings with parts ranging from 1 to 500 pieces at any given time that all require a piece #.  Our shop then stickers each piece with the corresponding number.

I guess we will need to upgrade to the full version for a year and look for other alternatives in future.

Auto numbering is literally the only feature that LT is missing that we need...

Message 10 of 13
pendean

>>>...recently purchased AutoCAD LT 2021. Upon installing it we realized it does not have...<<<
Sorry everyone missed the opportunity to field test prior to purchase.

>>>... It looks like Tcount was included in AutoCAD LT up until 2018...<<<
Nope, it never ever has been part of AutoCADLT, sorry, your source of information is bogus.

There are many decent attempts at macros in this LT forum that try to bridge the gap if you all decide to stick with LT. Just have a look around.

Message 11 of 13
MSB_Mechanical
in reply to: pendean

I am using Autocad LT, 

Can anyone create a list of 1 to 100 in AutoCAD and share the DWG file with me? 

I will be able to use this every time I need sequential numbers.

Thank you,

Message 12 of 13
pendean
in reply to: MSB_Mechanical

@MSB_Mechanical May I ask, as you assuming there is some sort of magic mojo with a list of numbers from AutoCAD that can somehow magically stay/reconfigure in sequence in LT? Sorry to say, there is no such feature. It would just be a list of numbers which you can do yourself in AutoCADLT all day long.

If you are thinking of something else entirely please be more specific in your ask, and elaborate.

TIA
Message 13 of 13
k.mcmylor
in reply to: pendean

I created a list in excel and pasted it into autocad, result!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost