Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2010 LT Crashes on closing a drawing

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Dexter2690
482 Views, 7 Replies

AutoCAD 2010 LT Crashes on closing a drawing

My ACAD 2010 LT crashes about 75% of the time whenever I close a drawing. I’m running Windows 7. System info below:

OS Name             Microsoft Windows 7 Professional

Version                6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601

Other OS Description     Not Available

OS Manufacturer             Microsoft Corporation

System Name    CAD-PC

System Manufacturer    Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.

System Model   GA-790XTA-UD4

System Type      x64-based PC

Processor            AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor, 3400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date          Award Software International, Inc. F2, 12/3/2009

SMBIOS Version               2.4

Windows Directory         C:\Windows

System Directory             C:\Windows\system32

Boot Device        \Device\HarddiskVolume1

Locale   United States

Hardware Abstraction Layer        Version = "6.1.7601.17514"

Installed Physical Memory (RAM)             8.00 GB

Total Physical Memory  8.00 GB

Available Physical Memory          5.44 GB

Total Virtual Memory     16.0 GB

Available Virtual Memory             13.8 GB

Page File Space 8.00 GB

All updates that I can find have been downloaded and installed.

Still crashing.

Help!

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Charles_Shade
in reply to: Dexter2690

Try to find a commonality. Maybe even a Block.

Have you tried to Recover drawings to open and see if any errors are reported?

Or run Audit before closing?

Might be worth doing for the next couple days and see if anything pops up.

Message 3 of 8
pendean

So this just started? What changed recently, this new PC? Elaborate.

Can you also post a screenshot of the crash message/pop-up?

Message 4 of 8
Dexter2690

Thank you for responding. There is no notification on screen from the program. The windows notification that the program is not responding comes up. Then it closes. I am able to recover the drawing up to the last autosave point. That's not always helpful, however. 

There are no errors reported in the drawings. Also, it happens regardless of what drawings I am in.

This problem has been happening for the last year. I have just been living with it and trying to save as often as I can. But you know how it goes: you get into a drawing and you lose track of time. You can never be sure when you last saved. But I have the autosave on for every five minutes. On the other hand, it limits my ability to be in the groove drawing when I have to worry if the program is going to crash if I choose to close a drawing. often, I simply don't close a drawing. But, if I forget and close one, it usually crashes the program.

I guess it's more of an inconvenience than anything. But when it happens, I'm never sure of what the last change was on the drawings, so I have to spend time going back over what I'd done for the last hour or so. The worst is if I had to leave the drawing for any length of time. Then I come back and close a file and it crashes. It doesn't crash every time, either. So I could go on for a while and it won't happen. But then, there seems to be a flurry of crashes. 

I'm wondering if there is a conflict between the memory cache and the program. It sometimes seems that I can reliably close a program if I've saved it first. But not always. As you can see, I have far more that adequate RAM, so I don't think that's an issue. I also don't have a problem like this on any other programs, and ACAD is not the largest nor most complex program I run on this system. I also have opened the drawings in other computers with no adverse effects.

Either way, the program should not be crashing when I close a drawing. And I have yet to see a patch or fix from autodesk- lkely I guess I won't. Maybe it's time to learn a new program!  

Message 5 of 8
Charles_Shade

Message 6 of 8
Dexter2690

Yes Norton 360.

Message 7 of 8
drjohn

Dump Norton (MHO) or go to the Norton site to get a fix for this issue.

AVG is free as is Avast!

Regards,

DJ

Message 8 of 8
Charles_Shade
in reply to: drjohn

ditto.

Got rid of Symantec over 7 years ago

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost