Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto move ATTDEF within dynamic block?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
T.Ellis
1742 Views, 5 Replies

Auto move ATTDEF within dynamic block?

Hi all,

I'm having dramas with attribute definition positions within dynamic blocks.

I have a rectangle with stretch actions on the x&y dimensions.

At the center of the rectangle i have an attribute definition that serves as a dimension lable for the rectangle.

I'd like the lable to update its position to the new center of the rectangle after i stretch it.

Currently it stays exactly where i placed it when i created the block.

The lable is justified "middle center".

I'm working with AutoCAD LT 2001 so i cant apply and geometric constraints to the attribute.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

Trent.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TheStoneMan
in reply to: T.Ellis

Hi Trent,

It depends how you have set up the rectangle.

It sounds like you are stretching from one corner, in which case you need to apply a stretch with a 0.5 multiplication factor to the label position. This will keep the label central.

As an alternative, why not consider a stretch from the middle, in which case the label will not need to move.

Message 3 of 6
Charles_Shade

Dynamic Block Forum:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Dynamic-Blocks/bd-p/154

First of all are your Attributes Locked? Always need to be in Dynamic Blocks.

Second - Justification of the Text has nothing to do with how a Text entity or Attribute will behave in a DynBlk.

Third - A Move Action with a multiplier of .5 is probably the easiest way to go. This would be tied to the same Parameter that you are Stretching.

Fourth - Are you using one or two Parameters to Stretch in both directions? Or did you use the X,Y Parameter?

And... I hope that is a typo of the LT version you have. DynBlk's were not available in 2001 LT products.

Post your DynBlk so that we may see what you have and offer advice pertinent to the issue.

Message 4 of 6
T.Ellis
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Wow, its been a while & i forgot i'd posted this.

Thanks to all, the problem is solved. Applied a 0.5 factor to the move attribute. Fixed the selections on the stretch commands and all is good.

Message 5 of 6
Charles_Shade

So have you been fighting this for nearly four months?

Message 6 of 6
T.Ellis
in reply to: Charles_Shade

No. I resolved it shortly after i posted the problem. I didn't get the chance to get back on the forums until now. I also forgot i had the topic still open. Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost