Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternative method for Lisp in LT

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
david-johnstone
2212 Views, 8 Replies

Alternative method for Lisp in LT

Hi there,

I currently work with a lot of 2D CAD and my new employer only uses LT 2020. This for the most part is ok for what I do but there are a couple of LISP files I have gotten used to using and I was looking to see if there is any way of using them in LT, I am not very technically gifted in the coding department otherwise I would give it a crack myself.

The Lisp is called PathAverage.lsp and basically this is what it does;

when I work with OS maps I would highlight either side of the road (both kerb-lines) and path average would create a centreline based on an average both of their geometries for the length of the lines rather than the centreline command that will only complete between vertexes. It allows the user to specify how many vertex's they would like the line averaged over also.

if anyone knows a way that this can be done in AutoCAD LT I would be most grateful.

Dave

Tags (2)
Labels (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
rkmcswain
in reply to: david-johnstone

AutoCAD LT cannot run autolisp, or ARX, or DLL, or any other customization.  This, among other things, is what you give up by going with LT ($55/month) compared to AutoCAD ($220/month)

There are competitive DWG applications that are less expensive that can run autolisp files. That may be another option for you.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 9
steven-g

There are no capabilities like that inside LT.

You can get the XY vertex points out of the program using the 'list' command but then unfortunately it gets technical. It is down to you to get that information into a program like Excel and do the math to work out the midpoint between these two sets of vertices, to use as the base for a script to draw a new center path. This will depend on the relative positions of these vertices from each side and very similar spacing and vertex count for each edge, otherwise, it would be more complicated and take a number of different steps.

Complicated usually means time, so it is then a question of whether it is worth the effort of doing this compared to the time saved by spending that money on an upgrade to full AutoCAD with it's built-in options and accessibility to a wide range of existing LISP routines.

Message 4 of 9
pendean

LT cannot do any of that based on your descriptions alone: if you want to post screenshots and/or a marked-up DWG file (and your LISP) that might reveal possible alternatives.

Otherwise... You will need to ask your employer for a software change to full AutoCAD if this is a dire business need for you: show them he benefits and justify the added expense to them.

HTH
Message 5 of 9

Thanks all for your responses, I very much appreciate it!

If I am honest, it is not essential, just a preference and a general curiosity as to the limits of LT.

LT so far does everything I NEED it to do so I can't complain.

Thanks again all!

Message 6 of 9

I know this is an older posted question. I use macros, creating my own toolbars & buttons in CUI. This helped me for a good 20 years. Now times a changing and so is AUTOCAD LT 2024. LISP is now available. Now it is time for both of us to learn LISP like the back of our hands.

So far I have pop-up SQFT, pop-up linear foot and inches, open polyline check that checks for breaks in what should be a closed polylines by circling the open ends, revealing their location.

Next is auto edge labeling tied with auto dimension. As I click on the inner area of each part, it numbers it starting with 1 in the center of the part, labels the edges according to the pin color or layer of that edge with a pre made block at the midpoint of each segment offset just on the inside of that part, and dimensions the line segments just on the outside of that part, again as I number them 1,2,3... do you realize how may clicks that eliminates. A square part has 4 corners, 4 edges. You have to label each edge (5-8 clicks), you have to dimension each edge (8-12 clicks), and number the part (2 clicks). That is upwards of 22 clicks per part. A job can have over 25 parts. That is (550 clicks) just to number, label and dimension. When I'm done. 1 click per part. 45mins becomes 5mins per job.

Now I just need to find or become that master of LISP so i can make this happen.

Message 7 of 9
pendean
in reply to: mkroll9in5in

@mkroll9in5in wrote:

Now I just need to find or become that master of LISP so i can make this happen.

The dedicated LISP forum is a great place to look for already developed requests as well as seeking help develop your LISP from amateur to pro level if you are willing to put in the time.

JUST DON'T FORGET TO TELL THEM YOU ARE AN LT USER, as lisp in LT has limits not found in full AutoCAD.

Here is the link https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/visual-lisp-autolisp-and-general/bd-p/130 

Message 8 of 9

Hi all, 

may I know why appload or dragging the lisp file is not working? 

I am using AutoCAD LT 2024 for Mac. 

Message 9 of 9
cadffm
in reply to: limelightatelier

Hi,

you are asking in AutoCAD LT (not LT for MAC) Forum, for LT FOR MAC it is better to use the AutoCAD FOR MAC Forum.

A1:

In LT2022 it was not available (you replied to a 3 years old post)

CADffm_0-1687420946870.png

A2:

Since LT 2024 it is available, but for Windows version only!

Look into your help doc [F1]

No word about Lisp in 'Whats new' and no help page about APPLOAD or Lisp functions.

Sorry.

- Sebastian -

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost