Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A few 2015 teething issues.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
292 Views, 8 Replies

A few 2015 teething issues.

Hi,

I'll ramble for a bit so you understand the background then list my current issues.

We have a handful of machines (computers) using AutoCAD LT 2012, using the classic workspace i.e. using toolbars, we have about a dozen custom toolbars for inserting blocks at different scales for different things. We are measured building surveyors who draw up buildings primarily for ARchitects.

Our pc's are getting on and we are begining to up grade them and at the same time we will be ugrading AutoCAD LT with the Subs that we pay for.

As we have an extra member of staff now I bought a new windoews 8.1 computer and have AutoCAD LT 2015 installed on it. Because of the way I have done this I cannot migrate any customization files or can i?

My main issues now are:

Command line, I like to see 3 lines of text is this possible?

I accept toolbars aren't allowed and it is now ribbons, but I cannot seem to have all the icons under home/draw visable at once, i would prefer this way. I have messed around in the cui but to no avail, any pointers?

Also how would I create a toolbar with 4 blocks in for say symbols we using for toilets etc?

Thinking forward, the next pc upgrade will happen in 6 weeks or so, should I movethe  LT 2012 to the new pc then upgrade to 2015 LT so I can migrate custom settings?

Thanks in advance,

(Not desperate yet) Ross

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
rkmcswain
in reply to: Anonymous

Command line is the same in 2015. You may need to dock it and expand it as desired.

Toolbars work fine in 2015. No different than earlier versions.
Side note to that: If you prefer a ribbon panel, you can drag a particular ribbon panel off the ribbon so that it "floats". It will stay visible no matter what ribbon tab is current.

I like and use the old toolbars also, but for blocks I primarily use the Tool Palette since you can set the layer, scale and other parameters. Would you consider using the tool palette for your blocks?

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: rkmcswain

Thanks for quick reply.

Regarding command line I cannot seem to resize command line as you suggest I may be being dumb, could you explain step by step guide!?

I'm surprised to hear old style toolbars are avaliable I thought everything was going ribbon bound.

I am open to any idea for going forward and will look into tool  palette.

Thanks again, I may post more teething issues here in a few days!

Cheers,

Ross.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

To re itterate, the main thing I would like is all commands under the tab "draw" to be visable so every command is 1 click not two!

In playin garound to understand how this new system works I very easily loose what I had in terms of ribbon position and struggle to get it back to how I have it, is there a blog or guide I could read through for an hour or so to get to grips with the basics?

Message 5 of 9
rkmcswain

cmdline1.gif

Regarding toolbars. I suppose they could remove them in a future release, but they are still here as of now.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

Thanks that's what I expected but my command line is now locked, does LT have less functionality on this front? Or is it because I am currently running a trial?
Message 7 of 9
rkmcswain

Locked, as in you can't move it with the mouse?
Type in LOCKUI and make sure it is set to zero (0).

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

Thank you it was set to 15 how are we supposed to find this stuff out without you wizards?
Message 9 of 9
rkmcswain

FWIW, there used to be a "lock" icon in the system tray that indicates (and allows you to change) the state of this system variable. I don't see it on my 2015 however.

Overall good question I suppose. It *is* a complex application so don't feel bad. I've been using it for 20 years and have to look stuff up all the time.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost