Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anything clicked on points menu causes crash

17 REPLIES 17
Message 1 of 18
Anonymous
571 Views, 17 Replies

Anything clicked on points menu causes crash

....or just closes AutoCAD completely. If I choose Points>Import/Export Points>Export Points, I get an error, but am able to stay in AutoCAD. If I choose Export Points, AutoCAD closes altogether. It happens in other commands, but this is the most popular spot. I've looked everywhere in the NG's and white papers, but don't find anything related to AecCCogo50.arx, the file that seems to be causing the problem (See attachment). Also, in the command line, I get
"error: An error has occurred inside the *error* functionADS request". After that, I get another error for Aecls50.arx

TYIA, Bob

Autodesk Land Desktop 2007, SP2A- but a pencil and paper works better right now.

MS Windows XP SP2
1.86 GHz, 2.00 GB
6300@1.86 GHz
17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

A little more info-

I've done a repair, checked my path settings, checked the registry, and also did a reinstall. I still have the same problems. This is on all the workstations (6) at work. My only thought is re-registering the appropriate dll's.
Message 3 of 18
Anonymous

Make sure your OSNAP is off.
Message 4 of 18
Anonymous

I'm sorry, I miss the correlation to my problem. What do osnaps have to do with importing or exporting points?
Message 5 of 18
Anonymous

Yet another update- I installed everything on a spare machine that has MS Windows xp pro and nothing else. I installed AutoCAD Land Desktop only, and everything worked fine, for a while. I eventually ran in to the same problem, so I loaded the appropriate service packs and fixes. Still no luck. Can anyone at least please speculate on this for me?
Message 6 of 18
Anonymous

Bob
I have ran into the same problem with exporting points. The program closed when the destination file is picked. I found that by typing the destination file name that the points exported. This seemed to fix the crashing issue but caused another.The exported file now has additional spaces and is invalid.

Bonny
Message 7 of 18
Anonymous

Bonny,

Consider yourself lucky, I haven't even been able to get that far. It's quite annoying that there are no moderators or techs from Autodesk that can help us with our situation. I pay a lot of money for support, and my reseller has no solution, only to tell me to visit the newsgroups. Some solution, huh?
Message 8 of 18
Anonymous

Bob,
Did you create your poins using LDD or just Autocad?
Message 9 of 18
Anonymous

Points were originally created by a survey crew, in RW5 and/or raw data format. Normally, we upload them into Land Desktop using the process I described in my original post. If I can even get that far, I usually import them as an auf file. After that, they are civil points.
Message 10 of 18
judgedana

Hi Bob,

I missed this post. Would you be able to send me your files? I will take a look as see what's going on. At any point in 2007 was this functioning? For example, pre-SP2A?

I'll take a look when I receive the files. dana.judge@autodesk.com

Thanks!

Dana Judge
QA Analyst, Land Team Lead
AEC Civil Test Development
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous

Dana - please see my posts about AecCCogo.arx errors here. We're also having
terrible crashing issues on fully patched LDT2008 systems.

John

wrote in message news:5691957@discussion.autodesk.com...
Hi Bob,

I missed this post. Would you be able to send me your files? I will take a
look as see what's going on. At any point in 2007 was this functioning?
For example, pre-SP2A?

I'll take a look when I receive the files. dana.judge@autodesk.com

Thanks!

Dana Judge
QA Analyst, Land Team Lead
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous

Bob - Were you able to resolve this issue? I have the same problem on 2 systems, but the other systems work fine.
Message 13 of 18
judgedana

You need to activate the format.dat file. Land Desktop doesn't create the "Format Manager" folder *until* you've used some Points functions, at the first use of which it will create the "Format Manager" folder.

Hope this helps.

Dana Judge, QA Analyst
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous

Thanks for the reply, Dana.
Here is my problem - when you go to export/import points, Autocad 2007 LDT SP2a crashes with this message:
Exception in C:\program files\autodesk land destop 2007\AecCCogo50.arx ARX Command (this is at the top of the window)
Unhandled Exception C0000005 (Access Violation Writing 0x10abdf0b) at address 19BD9D43h
Points are already created, and we want to export the points for survey layout. We can perform the export on other systems in the office, but 2 systems crash, and it is not project/dwg specific. I suspect that it is a pathing issue, but I cannot find how to fix it.
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous

Yeah, a special thanks to my new best friend, Dana.

Besides the solution Dana had, make sure you have the following folders in your Data folder (see attachment). As soon as I created the folders that were missing, everything was fine.
Message 16 of 18
Anonymous

Bob and Dana

May I ask which path you are using to add to the "Data" folder?
I tried adding to this folder, with no success:
C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Autodesk\Autodesk Land Desktop 2007\R17.0\enu\Data Links
Message 17 of 18
Anonymous

Oops, I'll take the blame for that. You should have a Data folder directly under:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk\Autodesk Land Desktop 2007\R17.0
Message 18 of 18
mauxzio

I am using the trial version I downloaded from Corel's site. Also, I am using ACAD2004. I export the file from corel to autocad and it works fine, but when i try to dimension or move the mouse over the exported lines, Autocad freezes and crashes.

can some one please tell me why is this happenning. I goggled this and you are the closes to any crashing issue.

Thanks I reay appreciate feed back....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report