Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XREF Title block wont print on some layout tabs, but will on others.

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
mannherzmh
1529 Views, 8 Replies

XREF Title block wont print on some layout tabs, but will on others.

Using AutoCAD 2020 - All XREF Title Blocks are on the "0" Layer.  On certain Layout tabs within my drawing (all created the same way), the title block remains visible however, you can only grab it from certain areas on the affected layouts.  

When I try to publish (using "extents" as my plot area), the majority of the layouts print fine, but a few random sheets print zoomed in to my viewport/everything that's in paper space, minus the xref'd title-block.

When I select the title block (only able to grip from certain areas), everything in the XREF Details Property Box shows as normal.

When I zoom-extents, it acts as if the xref title block is not there, as well.  However, the title block is still visible.

On a coworkers computer, he can delete the xref and UNDO, and AutoCAD (zoom extents/publish) will recognize it again. ...but only sometimes.

I've spent hours trying to figure this out, including audits which find no errors and copying everything into a new drawing, and redoing the layer-states in many viewports.  Unfortunately, this is a govt. document not available to share with others.  Does anybody have any ideas of what may be causing the issue? 

The drawing is 14MB which is large but I'm using a computer with an i9-7940X CPU @ 3.10GHz and  32GB RAM which I assume would be sufficient.  

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Hi,

>> When I zoom-extents, it acts as if the xref title block is not there

Can you please upload that dwg-file + the file/titleblock-dwg used as XRef?

Also please start command _ABOUT and show us a screenshot from that dialog, so we know which product and version you are using.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 9
RobDraw
in reply to: mannherzmh

Share the file. Strip everything out except for two layouts with title blocks. One layout that works and one that doesn't.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 4 of 9

Please see attached documents.  Layout: AV3.01 has the issue.  Layout: AV3.03 does not have issue.

Message 5 of 9
pendean

Unless I am missing something, there are no plotting issues between your two layouts, see attached.

Message 6 of 9
mannherzmh
in reply to: pendean

Thanks for the fast reply.  I guess for whatever reason you're not having the same issue I'm having, though.  When I zoom extents on AV3.01, I get the same issue as I do when I print:  the Xref is disregarded and it zooms to the paper space objects.

I've attached the PDF's I created as well as my print setup.

Message 7 of 9
vinodkl

I think the problem is with the title block. You have Xref'ed the drawing the "Caix1f06.dwg" inside and the title block and again xref'ed the same into the other drawing. Also you have xref'ed the Caixf06.dwg file again into main the drawing. If the keyplan drawing is required inside titleblock make the copy of keyplan drawing with different name other than Caix1f06.

xref.PNG

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ವಿನೋದ್ ಕೆ ಎಲ್( System Design Engineer)

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" if my reply resolves the issue or answers your question, to help others in the community.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 8 of 9
mannherzmh
in reply to: vinodkl

I did a BIND... and converted the KeyPlan from an xref to a block and the situation remained the same.  Thank you for the input but still looking for a solution.

Message 9 of 9
mannherzmh
in reply to: vinodkl

I stand corrected - When I exploded the xref (not a bind) in the title block, everything worked again.  Thank you for the input!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report