Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XRef layers turning off by themselves when copying the xref and clipping

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
555 Views, 6 Replies

XRef layers turning off by themselves when copying the xref and clipping

layers in an XRef disappear when the xref is copied and clipped. as the attached screenshot shows.missing_XRef_Layers.png

the left session is the XRef and the hidden lines in red are clearly visible, the right session is the dwg  with the inserted XRef that has been copied and clipped but the hidden line layer has disappeared but has not been frozen or turned off manually and the layer properties show that the XRef layer should be visible.

Why is this?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
natasha.l
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous, 

I do see a difference in the New VP Freeze icon, try making the adjustments to all missing layers, then redo your clipped xref again. 

missing_XRef_Layers (1).png

Let us know how it goes. If the issue persists please attach the drawing. 

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: natasha.l

unfortunately any amendments and changes i make as well reattaching the xref don't make any difference. when the the XRef is brought in new, the hidden lines are visible but when it is copied the hidden lines disappear again as well in the originally copied XRef hidden lines.

please find the relevant drawings attached.

thanks

Mark

Message 4 of 7
imadHabash

Hi,

since i can't open your dwg ( i need it in AutoCAD 2013 format ) . would you try to change XLOADCTL system variable to 2 and see if any changes . 

Command: XLOADCTL
Enter new value for XLOADCTL <2>:

Regards,

Message 5 of 7
s.borello
in reply to: imadHabash

DWG trueview is free and you can downsave. 

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: imadHabash

Imad

I tried the xloadctl command and didn't alter any layer states.

please find attached the drawings as requested into 2010 format.

I look forward to your analysis.

Cheers

Mark

Message 7 of 7
natasha.l

Hello @Anonymous, 

This issue can not be reproduced in my environment, I see the dash lines in your Xref when I open it. 

You mention "the hidden lines are visible but when it is copied the hidden lines disappear again as well in the originally copied XRef hidden lines." 

Where are you copying too, what are you trying to accomplish with this Xref? 

XREFattached to file.png

XREFattached to file2.png

Are you using any system variables that maybe affecting the visibility?  Try relocating the drawing, place it on your desktop. 

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators