Did you mean: 

Wrong Unit

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
485 Views, 6 Replies

Wrong Unit

strange unit. am already use in decimal and meter but when i use " L " it not meter but appear strange unit

sorry for my bad english. please help thankyou
11.jpg22.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
gotphish001
in reply to: Anonymous

It's showing scientific notation for the absolute coordinates because your drawing is very far away from 0,0. Move your whole drawing closer to the origin. At least that is what I'm guessing you are asking from your pictures.

Nick DiPietro
Cad Manager/Monkey

Message 3 of 7
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: gotphish001

To elaborate a little more....

Yes, that's scientific notation.  The E+24 means  "x 10 to the 24th power"  drawing units, which is a long way away no matter what the drawing unit is.

You may not be able to easily type in  coordinates for a point when it's asking for one, but you can still pick  a point, and you can still draw in relative distances/directions from there.  But being that far away from the origin sometimes causes other kinds of problems, so I agree with the suggestion to MOVE everything closer to the origin, if you can, that is, if there isn't some reason not to [such as being tied to map coordinates or something?].

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Untitled.jpg

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

sorry for my bad english. it's  complicated for me to translate it but can u tell me how to fix it from new picture.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

thank you very much. i already fix that. i understand what did u said. it's mean my scale is over than 20million so i try to type "SC" and 0.0000001 so now "E" is already disappear. THANK YOU

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

thank you very much. i already fix that. i understand what did u said. it's mean my scale is over than 20million so i try to type "SC" and 0.0000001 so now "E" is already disappear. THANK YOU

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report