Did you mean: 

working with 2gb ram

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
7937 Views, 1 Reply

working with 2gb ram

Hi,

I'm using Autocad 2014 and microstation v8i (SS3).

My computer specs are Core 2 Duo @2.93 GHz

2GB ram

32-bit .

As expected it will be laggy and will crash if i run either program separately or together. Any advise to run the software with this specification as smooth as possible because I wont be able to get new computer so soon?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

it depends on which type of drawings you are working with, any 3D content, a lot of geometry, or just small drawings and only 2D?

2GB is very limited nowadays, but as you are working on a 32bit system you only have the chance to add just 1GB (more is not recognized by the os - depending on the hardware maybe you can get 3.4GB recognized memory, but that's it).

it also depends on the graphic card, if it's using dedicated memory then you can use the system memory for os and AutoCAD, in case you have a graphic card that uses shared memory then even your 2GB will be splitted to what your os and applications can use ... to the part that your graphic card grabs.

If you work day-in day-out with AutoCAD then I would say no, it's not the system to work with.

If you have very small drawings and your operating system is configured well to not eat up to much memory and you work 1 hour a week or so with AutoCAD then I would say worth to try (with a lot of saved during work).

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost