Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wipeouts appearing on PDF's

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
tonynKLQVG
858 Views, 2 Replies

Wipeouts appearing on PDF's

We are having issues with wipeouts appearing on pdf's.  We are running AutoCAD/AutoCADLT 2020 or newer.

We are able to create PDF's using Adobe that are fine.  The issue comes when someone else tries to open the pdf's that we created using a program other than Acrobat such as Foxit.  The wipeouts show up as black boxes.   We like to include layers on our PDF's, which may be part of the issue, because if we don't include layers, it does not appear to be an issue.

I know there used to be issues with past versions, and the widely accepted fix was to update print drivers.  Just seeing if anyone else has had an issue with this, and if there could be an easy fix that we are overlooking. 

The wipeouts look visually fine (or invisible) in CAD, and Adobe.

Thank You

Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
nrz13
in reply to: tonynKLQVG

I'd recommend creating the PDFs with AutoCAD's built-in PDF driver ("AutoCAD PDF.pc3").  We use Foxit PhantomPDF 9 in our office and a ton of wipeouts and do not have any issues.  We are using AutoCAD 2020 in the office.

Work:  AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700K, 32GB RAM, Samsung 960 Pro SSD, AMD Radeon Pro WX 5100, 3 Dell Monitors (3840x2160)
Home: AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-11700, 64GB RAM, Samsung 980 Pro SSD, NVIDIA Quadro P2200, Dell Monitor (3840x2160)
Message 3 of 3
RobDraw
in reply to: tonynKLQVG

I avoid using wipeouts for this very reason. This intermittent issue has been around for a very long time and always seems to pop up at the most inopportune times.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report