Wipeout on 3D solid

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
nG!Hebus
1626 Views, 10 Replies

Wipeout on 3D solid

Hi,

I need solution for wipeout command on 3D solid.

Here screen to explain what i want:

Capture.PNGCapture2.PNG

on 3D real i don't want to see tube like second screen.

Thx for your help.

HF on Autocad 😉

_________________________________________________________________________________
Apprendre chaque jour est une chance que certains oublient de saisir !
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: nG!Hebus

Hi,

wipeouts only work for 2D and draworder, they are not a replacement for "make 3D objects transparent".

But exactly that is what I would do: "make the 3D-objects transparent", so you can see through to the inner part for visual styles that support transparent materials, for other visual styles you can't see through ...

• or you can change the material
  • or you can create 2 objects, teh outer one and the inner one and switch layers to decide which of them to see
  • (more ideas might come up here ...)

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 11
nG!Hebus
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Ok but why it's ok on second screen and not ok on first?

I did box with the wipeout command. it's working on wired.

Can you show how you make 3D transparent, it can replace 3D solid?

you must cut solid for insert transparent 3D solid? cause i don't want to replace or cut my tube, only don't show it when i insert my block on it.

_________________________________________________________________________________
Message 4 of 11
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> why it's ok on second screen and not ok on first?

Where on the second screen is a wipeout? Can you upload the dwg-file please?

>> Can you show how you make 3D transparent

Start command _MATBROWSEROPEN and select a transparent material like glas, assign it to the object you'd like to be transparent.

>> you must cut solid for insert transparent 3D solid?

Yep, a material is valid for the whole object (you might assign it to faces of a solid, but that can't be handled in a well structured way).

>> cause i don't want to replace or cut my tube, only don't show it when i insert my block on it.

Than wouldn't it be easier to just change the visual style to "Wireframe" or "2D-Wireframe" (you can work in two windows, one shared and the other one in wireframe mode. That should work well if you just need it to find the object snap point.

(this brings all into a new light, I have not understood your initial post in that way, I thought you need that in that way to be plotted for documentation)

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 5 of 11
imadHabash

Hi,

>> Can you show how you make 3D transparent, it can replace 3D solid? <<

by proprieties dialog Ctrl+1 select your item then type Ctrl+1(see below image) Transparency value (0-90).

nj.png

Regards,

Message 6 of 11
nG!Hebus
in reply to: imadHabash

i join model for your test.

for don't see wipeout i force them in 0,0,0 (black color).

THx for help

Message 7 of 11
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

wow, never have seen wipeouts used in that way 😉

>> for don't see wipeout i force them in 0,0,0 (black color).

Looking to it in detail (to the 2D-Wireframe style) there are also display issues of that object as the wipouts also clip the outer part of the cylinder:

20170722_090203.png

Using materials could be that result (whithout having split the outer cylinder):

20170722_090827.png

HTH, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 8 of 11
rculp

Not sure what you're attempting to accomplish, but in most cases the valve breaks the line in which it is inserted with either a welded joint, a flange or a coupling, all of which need to be indicated on the drawing.  If you're just trying to make it easier to model so you don't have to adjust the pipe when the valve moves, I think you're out of luck as most of the work-arounds discussed so far will fail to produce the right view when you go to drawing production. 

If you leave the pipe cylinders alone (no slicing) they are quite easy to change length by just grabbing a grip and dragging.

But hey, that's just me.

Randall Culp
Civil-Structural Design Technician
(aka CADaver)
Message 9 of 11
nG!Hebus
in reply to: rculp

Hi,

>>If you leave the pipe cylinders alone (no slicing) they are quite easy to change length by just grabbing a grip and dragging.

I know i work in this way actually but, i just ask for see if anyone have solution. So i continu like this for moment but i seek solution, if i have i become to explain how we can do it 😉

PS : Sorry for my english speaking.

Message 10 of 11
rculp

It appears as if you are trying to blockout the pipe as you move the valve in order to make it appear as though there is a break in the pipe at the valve.  While a wipeout works for that in 2D, you are out of luck for 3D without some very heavy programming.

Your solutions are:

1. Break the pipe at the valve, leaving the cylinders as cylinders so they are easy to grip drag the lengths.

2. Invest in a real pipe modeling application like Plant 3D that will automate (somewhat) the control of valve locations.

3. Have someone write an alternative to Plant 3D (that will be expensive)

But hey, that's just me.

Randall Culp
Civil-Structural Design Technician
(aka CADaver)
Message 11 of 11
O_Eckmann

Hi,

Wipeout is out because can't be used in 3D model.

Only solution I can think is to use a new block embending your original block + a cylinder just larger. After inserting your block, you explode it and use cylinder to make a substraction to the pipe. With SOLIDHIST at 1 and Ctrl pressed when selecting around your block, you can chose Extrusion and your block to move them together. Perhaps, it's what you're already doing.

Here is link for Screencast : http://autode.sk/2uIZfnc

Olivier

Olivier Eckmann

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost