Did you mean: 

Windows 10 and Autocad 2012

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
italiandavea
32124 Views, 5 Replies

Windows 10 and Autocad 2012

Are there any issues that can be resolved to get AutoCAD 2012 to run in Windows 10 (64bit)?

Italiandavea@yahoo.com

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi,

>> Are there any issues that can be resolved to get AutoCAD 2012 to run in Windows 10 (64bit)?

AutoCAD 2012 was released at a time long before Windows 10 and reading that system requirements clearly states that Windows 10 is not a supported operating system for AutoCAD 2012 >>>click<<<. (even Windows 8 is not a supported os for Acad2012)

There are people out there who got it working ... but with every Windows 10 update (like Anniversary update or now the Creators update) you do have the risk that your system stops working. Might not be a problem for private use, but from my point of few to risky for professional daily work.

My recommendation would be to either use Windows 7 or update AutoCAD.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 6
pendean
in reply to: italiandavea

Try Microsoft's tips here http://www.howtogeek.com/228689/how-to-make-old-programs-work-on-windows-10/

Or pay these folks for a fix http://www.longbowsoftware.com

Or pay Autodesk for a subscription to a newer version of AutoCAD of course, but you knew that answer.
Message 4 of 6
john.vellek

Hi @italiandavea,

I see that you are visiting as a new member. Welcome to the Autodesk Community! 

AutoCAD 2015 is the oldest product designed to run on Windows 10.  Some customers have been successful in getting older versions to run but with the most recent Windows 10 update I have seen many instances where these installs are now failing to work properly.

In my opinion your choices are:

• Use an older operating system if you are locked in to AutoCAD versions older than 2015
  • Upgrade your license to subscription current product (2018) which allows you to work with the last three versions of AutoCAD.
  • Run AutoCAD 2012 in Windows 7 in a Virtual Machine environment.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 5 of 6
john.vellek

Hi @italiandavea,

I am checking back to see if my post or others helped you with your problem. Please add a post with how you decide to proceed and your results so other Community members may benefit.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if a post or posts solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

Hello!

It is absolutly no problem to run Moldflow adviser 2012 under Windows 10 --> without any settings on compatibility to older versions.

Only the creators update made some work, because the licence manager faced problems and did not got running.

Problem:

Due the creators update the network adress changes

This causes a deviation to the network-adress that the licence-tool is requesting.

Solution:

- Go to Windows hardware device manager

- click on your network-card and "Advanced" settings

- change the Network adress to match "Ethernet adress" (see this in LMTools "System settings")

- reboot your system

That solved it for me, please mind that you change parameters on your own risk!

Good Luck!

My System:

WIndows 10pro 64bit with creators update

Updated from Win7pro-64bit in steps to every Windows10 version that was officially launched

regards, Roland

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report