Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

While opening AutoCAD file with external references I am getting status: unreadable.

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
dongay.panda
1543 Views, 4 Replies

While opening AutoCAD file with external references I am getting status: unreadable.

My acad file is having some raster images as an external references.  While opening AutoCAD file I am getting status: unreadable in xref palette.  I have checked windows file properties and found everything normal w.r.t security of external references .png files.  I have tried almost all methods available in google and acad forums.  PC is having windows 10.

I would appreciate if any one can share their views in solving this peculiar problem.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
imadHabash
in reply to: dongay.panda

Hi,

have you tried solutions mentioned here . >> Click << 

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
dongay.panda

The problem was solved after I have moved all the reference .png files into the directory where my acade file is present.  I don't know how this has worked out.

Message 4 of 5

I'm having a similar issue with images (JPGs) in AutoCAD 2023 (basic).  Drawings & images that were XREF'd previously work fine.  New images give me an "unreadable" error.  I have to copy the XREFs to my working drawing's folder and re-insert them; this can be a lot more work if I have 10 to 20 photos to re-insert. This is an issue b/c I am using multiple aerial photos as backgrounds (civil engineer), and now have multiple copies of photos in various folders.

Message 5 of 5
Jim
Enthusiast

I am having the same problem.  Pointing C3d to the correct location (even though the path appears correct in the ref mgr) and then restarting C3d and images load fine.  Very annoying.  When rushing to meet a deadline and this occurs I harken back to paying my subscription fees and wonder why they are as high as they are.  There are a number of other things I am thinking but shall keep to myself.  In fairness I will also say that if Autodesk told me I was not eligible for a renewal and could no longer use their software, I would be in a bit of a jam.

I only have this problem if image was inserted on laptop (ver 2022).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report