Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visibility state menu not showing in dynamic blocks

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
1654 Views, 11 Replies

Visibility state menu not showing in dynamic blocks

We have recently installed AutoCAD 2017 on our machine, and found that the dynamic blocks that we always use is not displaying their visibility state menu (the triangle that sits on the corner of the block), when I did a block edit on one of them, the visibility state menu containing all of the different state of the block is present within the block.  We have tried redefining the blocks, and reseting the blocks, but it will not display the option to choose other visibility state, please help.

Tags (1)
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
john.vellek
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi swong and welcome to the Forums!

I am sorry to hear that your Visibility selections are not working properly. Can you please attach a sample drawing containing a few of these blocks so I can try to determine what is not working properly?

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 12
TheCADnoob

Is this happening on all drawings?

CADnoob

EESignature

Message 4 of 12
john.vellek

Good morning swong,

I was hoping to see an update on your post today. Please let me know if you have resolved your issue or feel free to attach a sample drawing that illustrates the problem. I look forward to helping you.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Message 5 of 12
Jason.Piercey

Is your block non-uniformly scaled?  If dynamic blocks do not have equal scale factors, what you describe happens

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

Thanks for helping out with this topic, someone in the office helped and resolved the problem.  Sorry for the late reply.

Shirley

Message 7 of 12
john.vellek

Thanks for the update Shirley.

If you can recall what the 'FIX' happened to be, please add it to a post so others might benefit also.

John Vellek

Message 8 of 12
anielson

I'm having a similar issue; what was the solution?

Message 9 of 12
cadffm
in reply to: anielson

Hi,

you answered no one of the questions,

no DWG attached with the block inside,

so we don't know the problem, just the symtom.

Upload a sample dwg and we will see.

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 10 of 12
anielson
in reply to: cadffm

I discovered my grips far away from my object. They weren't moving correctly when the block was stretched. I fixed it! Thanks. 

Message 11 of 12
Raisaac123
in reply to: cadffm

This is an autocad issue. No need to send DWG files. they will probably work in your computer.

Could this be a variable that does not allow the menu to show?

I tried one computer. going to try another.

Message 12 of 12
cadffm
in reply to: Raisaac123

If you would read the thread you posted, you can read it was a DWG(or better a Block)problem!

If you have another problem, it has nothing to do with the problem i answered to.

(And: No, no variable, you should start your own thread incl. Screenshots or better, screencast)

Sebastian

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report