Did you mean: 

Using Sheet set manager

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
CharlesF5B37
334 Views, 3 Replies

Using Sheet set manager

I'm not sure if this is best workflow, but this is how I work:

- I have all my XREF's, an excel sheet and a "main template .dwg" all in a folder. 

- When I start a new project, I copy & paste that whole folder, rename the main template .dwg to "Project XX.dwg", update all the XREF's for the current project, update the "Project XX.dwg", and then publish the sheets I need.

Work is starting to ask for a set of plans specific to the construction crew, another set for the utility and a third set for the county for permits. So I'm trying to use the Sheet Set Manager and DSD files to keep track of which sheets I need to publish for any given plans. 

I setup DSD files and a sheet set, but when I try to use them they always reference back to the original "Main template.dwg" folder instead of the "Project XX.dwg" project I am working on. 

Is there a way I am missing to setup a Sheet Set, so I can direct it to the project I am working on?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JTBWorld
in reply to: CharlesF5B37

Do you use relative paths? 

Jimmy Bergmark
JTB World - Software development and consulting for CAD and license usage reports
https://jtbworld.com

Message 3 of 4
schurthing

+1 to what @JTBWorld said on making sure all xrefs are using Relative paths. But also, if you are already using Sheet Set Manager, why not use 'Sheet Selections' in SSM instead of making DSD files? That might solve your problem in a better way.

screenshot 20220320-1.png

Stefanie
crazy autocad witch since release 8 😄
Message 4 of 4
Valentin-WSP

@CharlesF5B37 ,

@CharlesF5B37 wrote:

... setup a Sheet Set, so I can direct it to the project I am working on?

Have you Right-click  a sheet in a sheet set and looked at the "Expected" and "Found" layout paths?

ValentinWSP_0-1647856734192.png

Also, a good idea would be to create "Subsets"(link) for your specific plan sets and have them ready to publish. 

If you post a Screencast (link) of your process, we can provide more suggestions. 

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Emilio Valentin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report