Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using batch plot from views set up in model space

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
kellygirl1980
12343 Views, 9 Replies

Using batch plot from views set up in model space

I've never used batch plot before but I have a file that has multiple views set up in view manage in model space that I need to print. I've found instructions on how to do it from paper space but not model. Can anyone walk me thru it?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
pendean
in reply to: kellygirl1980

Do you mean PUBLISH command? Or something else?
Message 3 of 10
heinsite

The Batch Plot icon in the Output tab Plot palette is the PUBLISH command.  But it's not intended for use with views in model space.  It's used to grab Layouts from the current drawing, from other drawings, or from sheet sets to efficiently put together a job in one quick operation.

If you really do want to plot various model space views you'll want to set them up in Layouts (paper space) views and batch plot them from there.  These wouldn't necessarily have to be finish work drawings in formal title blocks... but they could be if you wanted.

Dave

------------------------------------------------------
Dave Hein, P.E.
Message 4 of 10
heinsite

Here's a suggestion for you:

Create a new Viewport in a Layout tab.  Then activate it by double clicking inside of it.  While the viewport is still activated go to one of your named model space views.  Then close the viewport.

Do this in separate viewports on a single layout sheet or in multiple sheets for each of your custom model views.

Once they're all set up run the PUBLISH command and specify the layouts that contain the views.  If this is something you will do fairly often save the sheet list with a custom name in the Publish dialog .  This is a way for you to batch plot your model space views.

Dave.

------------------------------------------------------
Dave Hein, P.E.
Message 5 of 10
mrkaplan
in reply to: heinsite

alternate possibility , entirely in model space :

in model space , create preset plot views with command _pagesetup .

- save and close your drawing

- start publish command. Empty all dwgs in publish dialog. right click and select import "model views" only .

then follow these steps

1 - drag and drop your saved dwg to the publish dialog

2 - select a page setup . 

3 - drag again your saved dwg , acad will ask you to rename the sheet , accept and give it any name .

4 - select a (different) page setup

repeat steps 3 and 4 for as many page setups there is.

save your dsd file

click publish button, all your preset page setup will plot

note :  dwf , pdf plot is also available without changing your setups

Message 6 of 10
dany_rochefort
in reply to: mrkaplan

Best tip ever! Lots of companies don't understand why they should use paper space. So everything gets dumped in model space by default. Which is not bad on its own, but you lose track of scales, proper dimstyles and texstlyes etc. This advice solves that issue !

@mrkaplan  : How did you figure this out? It's super clever....

Kudos!  Best regards

Message 7 of 10
adjansen
in reply to: mrkaplan

Great solution. I was wondering if somebody knows how this works in autocad 2020 osx? I'm struggling with the batch publish section.

Thanks,

Arun

Message 8 of 10
maratovich
in reply to: adjansen

@adjansen wrote:

Great solution. I was wondering if somebody knows how this works in autocad 2020 osx? I'm struggling with the batch publish section.

For batch printing from Model use this - Revers 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Software development
Automatic creation layouts and viewport. Batch printing drawings from model.
www.kdmsoft.net
Message 9 of 10
adjansen
in reply to: maratovich

Thank you but this is not osx compatible  

Message 10 of 10
pendean
in reply to: adjansen

Foer OSX-centric questions, ask in the correct non-Windows focused forum way over there https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-for-mac/ct-p/4051

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost