Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unreadable logo in Autocad

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
1229 Views, 11 Replies

Unreadable logo in Autocad

Hi everyone, sorry if this problem already been discussed but I couldn't find any. The inserted logo was unreadable in Autocad (pic attached). Well.. I'm an IT guy for my company and I'm asking this question on behalf of our designer.

cad-logoerror.jpgMay I know the solution?. Thank you in advance.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
ennujozlagam
in reply to: Anonymous

hello, did they try to convert the logo to jpeg file and attach to title block? thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 12
pendean

What file format is that chopped up logo(s)? What is the source?
How was it included in the cad file you screenshot for us?
Message 4 of 12
john.vellek

HI @Anonymous,

The image you show is interesting but to really resolve this I would need to see the actual drawing file and any attachments that it references. 

If your data needs to be private or confidential, please email it directly to me at john.vellek@autodesk.com and please include a link to this thread in your email.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

@john.vellek wrote:

HI @Anonymous,

The image you show is interesting but to really resolve this I would need to see the actual drawing file and any attachments that it references. 

If your data needs to be private or confidential, please email it directly to me at john.vellek@autodesk.com and please include a link to this thread in your email.

Thanks @john.vellek and the rest for your response. Well, according to our designer, the logo was not imported from Jpeg but it seems like polyline.  The logo is back to normal when using RE (REGEN) command however when send for plotting (either to PDF or Plotter) the logo came out like the pic attached above. Well I don't mind sharing the file with the rest of you but I couldn't find the function to attach the file. So I think I'll send directly to @john.vellek email for checking.

Thanks

Message 6 of 12
ennujozlagam

hello, just try to set your VIEWRES to 20000 and plot and see if helps. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 7 of 12
TheCADnoob

have you tried auditing the file or perhaps simplifying the geometry?

CADnoob

EESignature

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi everyone, sorry if this problem already been discussed but I couldn't find any. The inserted logo was unreadable in Autocad (pic attached). Well.. I'm an IT guy for my company and I'm asking this question on behalf of our designer.

cad-logoerror.jpgMay I know the solution?. Thank you in advance.

From you photo bottom left, it mention is it non Autodesk DWG?

Message 9 of 12
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

I suggest that a revisit to the type of geometry being used in the logo is needed.

When I take each block I see that the outlines of the logo and letters are made from complicated SPLINES.

Capture.PNG

You will see from this image how many control points define the circle at the bottom right and how only a few are necessary .

For the letters, they appear to be missing their boundaries as well. I selected each letter individually and rebuilt the boundary inside the hatch command and did not associate it with the existing hatch. Then I erased the hatch and made a new hatch from the reconstructed boundary. This also reduces the number of vertices.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Message 10 of 12
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

I am coming back to your thread to see if the issue or question you posed has been resolved.  Did you try simplifying the geometry as I did in the file I emailed back to you?  If so, please mark the post or posts as Solution(s) to help others find the answer quickly. If your issue persists, please give me a bit more detail on this issue so we can continue to work towards getting this solved.

John Vellek

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

Dear John,

Sorry for the late response as I did not get a reply from our designer yet. She's a bit slow and hard to get a cooperation from her sometimes. But I'll remind her again to test and share the update here soon.

Thanks.

Message 12 of 12
BeKirra

@Anonymous wrote:

"... Well, according to our designer, the logo was not imported from Jpeg but it seems like polyline."

Try to change hatch scale if it is a hatch pattern.

HATCHEDIT is the command.

HTH

Please mark "Accept as Solution" and "Like" if my reply resolves the issue and it will help when others need helps.
= ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ =
A circle is the locus of a cursor, starting and ending at the same point on a plane in model space or in layout such that its distance from a given coordinates (X,Y) is always constant.
X² + Y² = C²

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report