Did you mean: 

unpurgeable text styles and dimension styles

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
jhelouPQYTQ
152 Views, 4 Replies

unpurgeable text styles and dimension styles

I have a block with lots of junk data in it, but purge and superpurge don't seem to solve my problem.  I want this block to have as small of a file size as possible.  I know things like layer 0 are unpurgeable(naturally), but there are some dimension styles and text styles I can't seem to get rid of, despite not having any dimensions or text in the drawing.  These include a text style, "ACANSGDT" and a dimension style "AM-ANSI".

Can anyone explain how I can get rid of these, and if there's anything else I'm missing that I can purge to make the file smaller?  Also, what'd be the quickest way to do the purge?  I likely need to perform this operation for thousands of blocks...

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CGBenner
in reply to: jhelouPQYTQ

@jhelouPQYTQ 

Hi, is this a Wblock, or a block inside of a drawing?  To purge a block, it might need to be a Wblock that you can open on its own, and then purge from there.

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 3 of 5
jhelouPQYTQ
in reply to: CGBenner

@CGBenner I'm not sure what the answer to your question is, but maybe in describing it's usage, your question will be answered?

The static block is just a collection of shapes I made in a blank drawing.  There's an autocad plugin written in C# that I work on. The block(that I attached) is programmatically inserted as a nested block, along with dozens of others(belt blocks, sideframe blocks, roller blocks, support blocks, guiderail blocks, etc. etc.), to form conveyor models for material handling system designs.  As there can often be literally thousands of said blocks in even a fairly small drawing, it's pretty important that the file size be minimized for every block.

Message 4 of 5
pendean

AutoCAD MECHANICAL content are in your file

pendean_0-1721057677275.png

Did you not get a chance to try to remove them all using AECTOACAD command yet?

These are also purgeable after you remove the MECH content:

Blocks.................... | Purged : 1
Registry Applications..... | Purged : 3
Line types................ | Purged : 8
Dimensions................ | Purged : 6
Text Styles............... | Purged : 2

BUT... simply using WBLOCK command to create a new DWG file from the content you manually select that you want to keep in modelspace is a quick fix that gets you what you need too. Try that now.

Message 5 of 5
jhelouPQYTQ

I tried WBLOCK, which didn't seem to work, but the AECTOACAD command did what I wanted.  I guess a lot of these blocks I must have made using autocad mechanical instead of just vanilla autocad, so it makes sense the defaults were different from the "standard" line, dimension styles in vanilla autocad.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report