Did you mean: 

Unlinked Data

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
cjp
Enthusiast
356 Views, 2 Replies

Unlinked Data

I have attached an excell spreadsheet to multiple sheets in different autocad drawings. For some reason though they always become unlinked. Sometimes it is just one sheets table and not all of them in the file. Even though they are all linked to the same excell table. I have not moved any files around in folders so the path should and is always the same. Any ideas as to why these keep being "Not Found" and how can I avoid this from happening time and time again?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Pothman
in reply to: cjp

How are you adding the spreadsheet to your files? Are you using the Data Link tool, just dragging and dropping the file into AutoCAD, etc?

Are you having a problem with just one Excel sheet or mutliple files losing their links?

Is the Excel file on your local drive or on a network drive?

Does the Excel sheet have just one sheet in it or multiple sheets?

What exactly is the error message that you are getting or seeing when you open the drawing file? Can you attach a screen capture of what you are seeing?

Dave Pothier

Message 3 of 3
cjp
Enthusiast
in reply to: Pothman

-I am using the data link tool within the table menu.

-I am only using one Excel file with multiple sheets. Some of the sheets are split up in which I referenced a range on one CAD sheet and a different range for the next sheet. 

-It is on my computer only not on a network drive. 

-It always says the assoiated link could not be found. (See atached screenshot).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta