2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
pwk
Advocate
5578 Views, 2 Replies

turn off display of ViewCube and text "[-][Top][2D Wireframe]

Hi,

I am using AutoCAD 2016 (Electrical to be exact).  I do not use the ViewCube and and I find that it gets in my way at times.  I see that I can make it smaller and that I can move it to any corner of my screen that I want, but I cannot figure out how I can turn it off so that it is not displayed at all.  Can anyone here tell me if/how I can do this?

Similarly, the top/left corner of my screen always displays text that reads "[-][Top][2D Wireframe]".  If possible, I would like to hide this as well.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Paul

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: pwk

Hi,

>> I do not use the ViewCube [...]  I see that I can make it smaller

Wow, I can't imagine how you make it smaller. If that is really possible for you I think it's then specifical to Electric (which I don't have).

>> I cannot figure out how I can turn it off

Start command _OPTIONS ==> tab "3D Modelling" and uncheck "Display the ViewCube" options:

2015-08-30 17-45-03.png

>> Similarly, the top/left corner [...] If possible, I would like to hide this as well.

Look to the screenshot above, the option "Display the Viewport Controls" (lower left) is what you are looking for.

HTH, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 3
pwk
Advocate
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thanks Alfred - that was a big help!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost