Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trouble with my drawing transferring from model space to paper space

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
719 Views, 4 Replies

trouble with my drawing transferring from model space to paper space

I am asking for help from anyone ever struggling with the same issue I was unsuccessful talking to a person from customer service to help. so I am completing my drawing in model space then when I am all complete I click the layout tab and nothing transfers over from model space to paper space. I have checked to make sure the layers are unfrozen and and unlocked but still it won't transfer.  please any help with this would be greatly appreciated 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
j.palmeL29YX
in reply to: Anonymous

In the layout you must first create at least one (or more) viewport(s), e.g. using the MVIEW command. 

If you already have a viewport, double click into this viewport and then do a zoom extents. 

If both doesn't help post your file please. 

Please mark "Accept as Solution" if my reply resolves the issue or answers your question, to help others in the community.

Jürgen Palme
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
Moshe-A

@Anonymous ,

when you switch to layout, a viewport is added to you paper space. it's like a telescope to your model space. double click inside viewport and do a zoom all - now you will see your drawing but this is not enough cause you now have to determines your viewport scale and that's depend on your drawing units?

Moshe

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: j.palmeL29YX

it happens with all my files and neither of those worked I tried that before as well  

Message 5 of 5
BeKirra

Also have a look "vports" command in HELP.

Then having some practice you'll be fine.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" and "Like" if my reply resolves the issue and it will help when others need helps.
= ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ =
A circle is the locus of a cursor, starting and ending at the same point on a plane in model space or in layout such that its distance from a given coordinates (X,Y) is always constant.
X² + Y² = C²

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report