Did you mean: 

title block

44 REPLIES 44
SOLVED
Message 1 of 45
Anonymous
1995 Views, 44 Replies

title block

I toook printout but he said he wants name, reg no, title  on each sheet.  How do I put a title block. I took printout from model space itself. To put title block from where should I take printout?

44 REPLIES 44
Message 2 of 45
chriscowgill7373
in reply to: Anonymous

There are two ways to do it, either in model space and scale the title block up, or place it in paperspace at 1:1 and use a viewport.  my firm places title blocks in paperspace.

You can have your title block set up with attributes  and fill them in for each sheet, or you could set it up as an xref so all the information is input once and isn't shows up every drawing.  anything that needs to be individual Sheets, can be done with another block.  I've worked at firms that have used both methods.  I prefer to insert a block with attributes into each drawing, using the sheetset manager or some similar utility to complete all the common information.

Christopher T. Cowgill, P.E.

AutoCAD Certified Professional
Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2022 on Windows 10

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Message 3 of 45
Anonymous
in reply to: chriscowgill7373

How do I use Sheet Set Manager for title block? After I type SSM what do I do?

Message 4 of 45
Anonymous

Dear Ms. wonderpriya7

Please find the attached screenshot....

Hope this could help you out...

Regards

DMC

Message 5 of 45
Anonymous

The file isnt opening. How do I play it?

Message 6 of 45
Anonymous

Dear Ms. wonderpriya7

Please open it in new tab and wait for few minutes until it gets loaded

Regards

DMC

Message 7 of 45
Anonymous

I opened template Tutorial-iArch. But I am unable to write name etc in it. I drew a viewport inside it but no drawing appeared inside it. How do I use it?

Message 8 of 45
Anonymous

Dear Ms. Wonderpriya7

I have made a screen cast based on your drawing...

Hope this could help you out...

Regards

DMC

Message 9 of 45
cadwomen

Dear Wonderpriya7

my you take some class for Computer Basic bevor start with CAD

cu cw

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
Message 10 of 45
Anonymous
in reply to: cadwomen

I'm a MCA(Master in Computer Applications). I also know BASIC. 

Message 11 of 45
cadwomen

oh that´s fine ..

so pleace use the search in the upper right Corner

cu cw

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
Message 12 of 45
chriscowgill7373

Which version of AutoCAD are you using so that I can provide accurate information by displays using the same version?

Christopher T. Cowgill, P.E.

AutoCAD Certified Professional
Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2022 on Windows 10

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Message 13 of 45
john.vellek

Hi Priya,

A titleblock is nothing more than lines and text. Usually it is made into a block with text attributes or fields to simplify editing.

Capture.PNG

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 14 of 45
Anonymous
in reply to: chriscowgill7373

I'm using Autocad 2014 student edition now.

Message 15 of 45
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

The view of isometric restaurant doesnt fit in the viewport. How do I adjust it?

Message 16 of 45
Anonymous

Sorry, wrong drawing. This is the drawing restaurant_test

Message 17 of 45
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous

If you can not make the viewport area any larger in your titleblock then you will have to change the scale inside the viewport. I selected 3/16"=1'-0" and the Iso model now fits.

Typically, you don't need to scale such a presentation drawing so you could also just zoom a window around the view and then in the titleblock indicate that the scale=Not To Scale (NTS)

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 18 of 45
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

Hi John Vellek, how do I change the scale inside the viewport? Like I don't know how to do it.

Message 19 of 45
cadwomen

okay master

so did you know "f1"  or help inside Software ? so ADSK got it to and there are peopel they willing to teach you  or   take a look in YouTube

( kopfschütteln und weg hier )

cw

Message 20 of 45
cadwomen
in reply to: cadwomen

John Vellek sorry but sometimes there are no way for me to go .............

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta