Did you mean: 

title block

44 REPLIES 44
SOLVED
Message 1 of 45
wonderpriya7
1089 Views, 44 Replies

title block

I toook printout but he said he wants name, reg no, title  on each sheet.  How do I put a title block. I took printout from model space itself. To put title block from where should I take printout?

44 REPLIES 44
Message 21 of 45
john.vellek
in reply to: wonderpriya7

Hi Priya,

The drawing I attached in my last post has this scale already applied. To change scale of the view of the model, I had to type Mview and then unlock the viewport. Next, while I was in modelspace through the viewport I selected the desired scale from the scale list at the bottom of the screen.

Please watch these steps in the video.

I show how to zoom a window to maximize the view without applying a specific scale and then I apply 3/16"1-'0"

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 22 of 45
wonderpriya7
in reply to: john.vellek

I put the plans and isometric views into the title block file which is the tutorial-iarch file but when I edit the title block and put name of project etc I am not able to save the changes . I want to put the name etc before printing but how do I save those changes in the title block?

Message 23 of 45
john.vellek

HI Priya, Can you attach your latest file? I am not sure what you are trying to add or edit.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Message 24 of 45
wonderpriya7

This is the first file. I want to fill in the name, project etc. How do I do that?

Message 25 of 45
john.vellek

Hi Priya,

As per my previous post, adding this information can be as simple as adding text. So I added some MTEXT as an example for you.

Other ways to do this include attributes in a block or even fields to help automate the process. Please let me know if you want to explore these two ideas too.

Capture.PNG

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Message 26 of 45
wonderpriya7

I have a doubt. When writing the first page of the project report that it is a hotel project etc I should write it in wordpad and the print it in A3? 

Message 27 of 45
john.vellek

Hi Priya,

Are you trying to include a report into your AutoCAD file? Or are you trying to fill out the titleblock information?

I have shown you the titleblock part. If you want to include large bodies of text in your drawing, you can use WordPad to create the report. Then in AutoCAD, start Mtext and past in the contents of your Wordpad Doc.

Or, You can Copy from WordPad and then Paste Special to embed the document itself.

John Vellek

Message 28 of 45
wonderpriya7

Like the project report is in A3 size paper but the first page has to be a certificate which we print out saying we fulfilled the requirements of the course. To get a printout of that should I type it in wordpad?

Message 29 of 45
john.vellek

Hi @wonderpriya7,

I guess I am confused by the word REPORT.  Can you attach your WordPad document so I can get a better idea?

John Vellek

Message 30 of 45
wonderpriya7

I thought I replied, then I went to sleep. I'm not able to upload the wordpad file because it has a rtf extension.How to upload it? Do you know what is a bubble diagram? We are supposed to have bubble diagram of hotel and restaurant.

Message 31 of 45
john.vellek

Hi Priya,

To attach the file, put it into a ZIP file and then attach to a post.

Bubble Diagrams are typically one of the first parts of the design process. It is the high-level phase that takes place after you have gathered programming requirements such as project type, occupancy type, location, character, look and feel, etc., then the designer will create bubbles (sometimes on a floor plan but not always) to locate features and to study adjacency.

Block planning is the next step in the planning process. This process helps to locates features, groups, functions on floor plans by blocking out approximate sq. footage and to identify more precisely, the location relative to other groups.

Then, the space planning begins. This is the schematic approach to cleaning up the Block Plan and start placing walls or other spatial constraints.

Next comes Design Development. Once your schematic plans are done then you go through a period of testing and refinement to incorporate your design concepts into the spatial documentation.

Then comes Construction Documentation which how you tell the contractor to build the space out.

While construction is in process you might have to prepare additional documents to clarify design details or to revise the design to accommodate other factors such as job conditions, change in scope or budget.

Once construction is complete, it is the duty of a good designer to follow up to make sure that the client's expectations have been met.

Lastly, you might also be required to prepare as-built documentation.

John Vellek

Message 32 of 45
wonderpriya7

How do I put it into a zip file? The place where I go for classes has sent the logo through e-mail and asked me to print the certificate myself.  I am to write the cerificate "This is to certify that __________ has completed a one year diploma in Interior Design etc" Can one print a certificate without company doing it?

Message 33 of 45
john.vellek

Hi Private,

Select the files (WordPad and logo) in Windows Explorer, rt-click and Send To Compressed File. Attach the resulting zip file to a post

John Vellek

Message 34 of 45
wonderpriya7

When I rt-click it says compress and e-mail. There is no compressed file by itself. What do I do?

Message 35 of 45
wonderpriya7

This is the logo.

Message 36 of 45
john.vellek

Hi Priya,

Here is a link that hows how to Zip up your files.

John Vellek

Message 37 of 45
wonderpriya7

I don't know which software to use to open zip files but this is the certificate in zip format.

Message 38 of 45
wonderpriya7

I downloaded WinZip but it isnt free. What do I do? How do I uninstall it?

Message 39 of 45
cadwomen

wonderpriya7

are you a BOT or a Troll ?

lol

cw

how never will make it to a ADSK Expert  

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
Message 40 of 45
wonderpriya7

I took printout of the drawings, did certificate and everything but he is saying the text in the title block is too small. How do I make it larger?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost