Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text/Dimension edit crashes dialog box

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
JamminJim
1320 Views, 9 Replies

Text/Dimension edit crashes dialog box

in AutoCAD 2015 when I try to edit either text or dimensions the dialog box Fatal Errors.  I've done a repair but it did not correct the problem.  Any ideas on how to correct this?

James

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
imadHabash
in reply to: JamminJim

what about the latest Service Pack? have you download it?

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 3 of 10
john.vellek

Hi @JamminJim,

Has this issue been resolved by applying the service pack? If not, I suggest checking to verify that you have the most current graphics card driver.

Please post the status of this issue if you require additional assistance.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 4 of 10
JamminJim
in reply to: john.vellek

I have applied all available updates but there is still no resolution.  If I try to edit any text it crashes Except fields or attributes, if I use the text command  it crashes, if I use the leader command it crashes after the 2nd point.

I am having to use my laptop to do any editing or adding notes or text then back to my desktop for drafting.

Message 5 of 10
john.vellek

Hi @JamminJim,

Please try adding a new user account to your computer and make sure that it has full administrator permissions assigned to it.

Then, logon to the computer using the new account and see if the editing in AutoCAD still causes a crash.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Message 6 of 10
JamminJim
in reply to: john.vellek

Still trying.  I created an account but can't get logged into it.

Message 7 of 10
SeeMSixty7

Until you get it fixed, Try setting dtexted variable to 1 that will pop up a dialog box for text editing instead of the in place screen edit method.

Hopefully that works to get you to be able to edit text.
Message 8 of 10
JamminJim
in reply to: SeeMSixty7

After changing the setting it could create and edit text but when trying to create or edit MText it crashes.  If I started a new drawing in inserted the Model Space items and imported the Layouts correct this problem?  I need to be turning in the drawing file to the client this week.

Message 9 of 10
SeeMSixty7

I'm glad the setting helped out with regular text.

Yeah Mtext has it's own editor, so that setting will not help with that. You can always use regular text and not use MTEXT.

To try and track down the issues, try some of the following

I would check your video driver for any updates.

Try a lower resolution or higher resolution and see if that helps.

Verify if you are using any font substitutions that are possibly corrupted.

Check the style command and use a different font all together (use SHX font and not a True Type Font) and see if that helps at all.

if all else fails run your computer in protected mode and see how autocad acts like that, granted it will be crappy to use at that resolution, but it will give you something to discover and work from there.

Good luck

Message 10 of 10
john.vellek

Hi @JamminJim,

How did you create the Windows account? If you are a local administrator you should be able to control the user accounts (and passwords) that are on your system. I think that your current Windows user profile might be damaged which is why I requested that you create a new account.

I would still like you to try to pursue this option when you have time.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report