Terrible time saving after Autocad 2018 Install - all 2D

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
c.root.crd
423 Views, 8 Replies

Terrible time saving after Autocad 2018 Install - all 2D

Hi All,

Thanks for reading my post, hope ya'll are having a great day!

Since I installed Autocad 2018 and began using it, I have not been able to save any of my drawings.  I am relying on autosave in case of crash which does not give me a warm fuzzy.  Also, I am set in my ways after 20+ years and I manually click save...often!  I did not realize just how often until I started getting this notification and it's cut my productivity in half and makes me want to take up smoking again.  The notification explains options 1-3 but do not tell how to get there. I've search all I know to search and the only thing I keep coming up with "This drawing contains objects that are not supported..." is to save as DXF, exit, open, save as DWG, which does not work.

Is there a way to find out what those custom, non-supported objects are or does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Christy

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
john.vellek
in reply to: c.root.crd

Hi Christy,

What happens if you use -EXPORTOAUTOCAD? Does that fix the issue? Can you attach one of your files as a sample for me?

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 9
c.root.crd
in reply to: john.vellek

Can you tell me what to do after -exporttoautocad?  What option?

Let me see if I can find a small file after I get my work done.  I've gone back to 2017 to keep my productivity where it needs to be.

Thanks for helping me.

Message 4 of 9
john.vellek

Hi @c.root.crd

use the filename option. it will write the file contents to a new file and leave the original intact.

Please send me a file - if it needs to be private I can arrange that too.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Message 5 of 9
c.root.crd

-EXPORTTOAUTOCAD worked.  Am I going to have to do this to all of my drawings?  That's a nightmare.  Do you still want a drawing?  If so, private preferred.

Message 6 of 9
john.vellek

HI @c.root.crd,

If you work with any of the vertical products, you will have to weather this activity for a bit until the Object Enablers become available. If you do not need the proxy information then you could use a Macro to do the EXPORTTOAUTOCAD.

John Vellek

Message 7 of 9
c.root.crd

Hi John,

I tried to send the file this morning and received this message.  

Message not delivered
Your message couldn't be delivered to ******your email******  because the remote server is misconfigured. See technical details below for more information.

The response from the remote server was:

554 5.7.1 <****your email*****>: Relay access denied

Message 8 of 9
c.root.crd

Also, I do not know what a macro is unfortunately.  I am almost self taught (when I was in college our teachers were learning with us back in '95) and have not been able to keep up with a lot of the additions over the years.

Message 9 of 9
john.vellek

HI @c.root.crd,

I made a short video for you on how to create an action Macro. I hope this helps to speed things up for your process.

In looking at the file you sent me, I did not have a difficult time saving it from AutoCAD 2018 although it did have proxy objects in it. 

I did notice that Audit found an error and -PURGE>Regapps was able to remove 650 Regapps. You might see if these maintenance steps help the behavior.

John Vellek

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost