Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student version

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
966 Views, 7 Replies

Student version

Is student version for any learning purposes or for university students only?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Vinayv4v
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello,

Its for learning purpose. its not just for University students.Its available in this site:

https://www.autodesk.com/education/free-software/all

You need to create your account. And you will be granted a 3 years student license for education purpose.

Cheers,

Vinay Vijayakumaran

Message 3 of 8
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> Is student version for any learning purposes or for university students only?

You have to be a student, a teacher or within a company in education. Then you can use the education license, but only for working on none commercial results.

It is not valid for "just learning at home for yourself" (without being educated from a school, university, ...)

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 4 of 8
gotphish001

I believe you need an email address with .edu at the end to sign up for the student version. So that would make you a student, teacher, or staff at an education facility. If you didn't have that you could always go to a community college and sign up for whatever class is the cheapest online class you can take to get it. Still way cheaper than buying autocad. 

Nick DiPietro
Cad Manager/Monkey

Message 5 of 8
DarrenP

all questions maybe answered by reading info on this website: https://www.autodesk.com/education/home

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 6 of 8
JDMather
in reply to: gotphish001

@gotphish001 wrote:

I believe you need an email address with .edu .... 

you must be age 13 or older and one of the following: (a) an IT Administrator acting on behalf of a Qualified Educational Institution, (b) an Educator; (c) a Student; or (d) an Autodesk-sponsored design competition mentor or competitor.

1. A “Qualified Educational Institution” means an educational institution which has been accredited by an authorized governmental agency within its applicable local, state, provincial, federal, or national government and has the primary purpose of teaching its enrolled students. IT administrators or Educators may access the Education Community on behalf of a Qualified Educational Institution to access and deploy Software and Web Services for the Qualified Educational Institution.

So - if you are not a student - sign up to mentor local school First Robotics team.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 7 of 8
gotphish001
in reply to: JDMather

I didn't realize you could get it by way of being a mentor as you showed. I just assumed you needed to be able to prove that you fall into one of the categories and I would imagine that proof is usually a .edu email address.  

Nick DiPietro
Cad Manager/Monkey

Message 8 of 8
JDMather
in reply to: gotphish001

I am only familiar with the edu route.

AFAIK the edu are accepted immediately, where if a student doesn't have an edu email (like a 13 yr old) they just have to supply additional information that might temporarily delay the process from being instantaneous acceptance into the student community.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report