Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stretching objects over a solid hatch causes the objects to disappear behind the hatch

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
Adam-APG
871 Views, 12 Replies

Stretching objects over a solid hatch causes the objects to disappear behind the hatch

This is a weird issue that I haven't seen until I updated to AutoCAD 2024. I'll attach a picture to show an example of what I'm working with. In the picture you can see my grey solid hatch as well as my magenta detail cuts. I need to stretch the bottom of my frame up, but when I do the detail tags get lost behind the solid hatch so I can't see where they are going. If I wanted to just stretch my detail tag by eye, I couldn't since it disappears from view.

The thing that makes this even weirder is that the issue only happens if the object I'm stretching is already over the solid hatch. So my detail tags that hang outside the hatch area can be stretched over the solid hatch and remain visible.

I've looked through the options to see if there's a setting I'm not finding, but nothing jumps out at me and searching this issue online has come up with nothing.

Screenshot.png

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
pendean
in reply to: Adam-APG

Q: did you try running REGENALL command to see if your draworder issue fixes itself after the STRETCH?

You probably want to ensure HPDRAWORDER variable is always set that way you expect hatches to perform too, and don't be shy about using DRAWODER command too if necessary.
Message 3 of 13
Valentin-WSP

@Adam-APG ,

As reference:

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Emilio Valentin
Message 4 of 13
Adam-APG
in reply to: pendean

The issue is occurring during the stretch command, not after. I have done a Regen multiple times and checked the draw order. I've sent all hatches in my drawing to the back just to make sure and the issue still only happens while in the middle of the stretch command.

Message 5 of 13
Adam-APG
in reply to: Valentin-WSP

See my reply to pendean. This issue only occurs during the stretch command and not after/before.
Message 6 of 13
Valentin-WSP

@Adam-APG ,

Consider:

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Emilio Valentin
Message 7 of 13
pendean

@Adam-APG can you share that portion of your DWG file (as a DWG file)?
And confirm your exact AutoCAD version and variant as listed in ABOUT command please.
Message 8 of 13
pendean

@Adam-APG wrote:
....This issue only occurs during the stretch command and not after/before....

That probably has more to do with your video card/driver, but screenshots of your ABOUT and GRAPHICSCONFIG command would help too. No issues like that here in R2023.1.3 for me.

Message 9 of 13
Adam-APG

This is a brand new laptop I'm using with an nvidia rtx 4060, and my ABOUT tells me I'm on the current version of AutoCAD 2024 (U.71.0.0 2024.0.1). I used the GeForce Experience app to make sure I have the current driver for the GPU as well.
Message 10 of 13
Adam-APG

Curiously, I made a wblock out of the screenshot I provided and tested the issue again in the new dwg and was not able to recreate it. It seems like the detail tags that my coworker used were being perpetually sent to the back even after I moved them to move to the front. They would display in front of everything, but they would still disappear behind the hatch during the stretch command. Recreating the detail tags and placing them over the hatching fixed the issue.

I'm going to mark this as solved, but I don't know what the issue was.

Message 11 of 13
jahankhan2015

i am encountering the same problem when stretching object; the hatch got disturbed, as you can see in the bottom of the object.

the object is a dynamic block

Message 12 of 13

as mentioned

Message 13 of 13

object

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report