Did you mean: 

Stretching inclined/ slopes 2D objects

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jacksonhoey1
308 Views, 4 Replies

Stretching inclined/ slopes 2D objects

737E9725-C8F4-49BE-9B30-C161FD5983A4.jpeg

I’ve aligned a 2D object to be in an inclined position but as I’ve inclined the object, the sides are required to be longer so that they reach the vertical lines. I’ve tried stretching the inclined object but when they snap onto the vertical lines, the object moves rather than stretching. How can I get it so all corner snap onto the required vertical lines?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Washingtonn
in reply to: jacksonhoey1

Since the only information provided was a picture, we can only guess at what the object is and what possible solutions might be. You have the required slope, elevations and perimeter so….

Solution 1.

Calculate the angle of the slope and draw an adjusted perimeter in a plan view (note - the object’s arc will be a partial ellipse once slope is applied).  Once drawn, use the align command to align the  object to the vertical lines.

Solution 2.

Press/pull the 2D object vertically, change the UCS as needed and slice to the desired slope angle. You can explode the resulting 3D solid to regions or base AutoCAD elements (lines and ellipse) as needed.

Message 3 of 5
j.palmeL29YX

Post your file please. 

Jürgen Palme
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
j.palmeL29YX

I'd suggest to create the 3D object(s) new. 

>>Example<<

Jürgen Palme
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
leeminardi

The configuration after you do the stretch is not clear from your description.  It is important to note that when you use the stretch command that you should use a select "cross window" (pick points right to left, not "window" left to right) that covers all the vertices you want to move to accomplish the stretch.   All the selected vertices will be moved by the same amount that is specified by the two pick points. 

lee.minardi

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report