Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange Behaviour with Parameter Manager Dialog

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
dbrblg
776 Views, 12 Replies

Strange Behaviour with Parameter Manager Dialog

I am having trouble getting the parameters manager dialog box to show when in block editor.  I click the button on the toolbar, the screen flickers but no dialog box appears.

If I am not in block editor and I type the PARAMETERS command, the dialog box appears!!

When I'm not in block editor and I have the dialog visible, I docked it on the right of the screen.  As the properties side bar was already there, it docked them on top of each other (becasuse they are both set to auto-hide).  When I go into the block editor and clock on the  parameter manager, it disappears and only reappears when I click on the properties sidebar.

Now, if I come out of block editor and set both the properties and parameters manager side bars not non auto-hide (which arranges them side by side) and then go back into block editor, the parameters manager sidebar disappears leaving the properties sidebar.

The properties manager seems to have an issue with the block editor enviroment.

I have another user with the exact same behaviour as me, so I am not sure how this can occur...

Does anyone have any ideas or know of problems in this area?

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
S.Faris
in reply to: dbrblg

Try resetting the settings : To Reset the Application to the Default Settings

SALMANUL FARIS

Message 3 of 13
cadffm

Parameter maanger outside the blockeditor is ok

and what you say about the parameter manager inside the blockeditor indicate that

your parameter manager is DOCKED and only 2 pixels height(hor) or bright (vert).

Open your BEDIT, use the Parameter-Butoon (or PARAMETERS and PARAMETERSCLOSE) to toggle the palette visible state.

Look EXACTLY where the small jump is, at this position you are able to stretch the parameter manager palette bigger,

then you can undock the palette.

I have to do this 1x a week 😉

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 4 of 13
dbrblg
in reply to: cadffm

@cadffm the small area you refer to is at the top of the screen directly below the tabs and above the drawing area exactly as you say around 2 pixels in height...

No matter what I do, I cannot grab and expand or move it in any way.

So, I 've had to resort to @S.Faris suggestion to reset which has fixed the issue although I've now lost years of customisation and settings here and there which will take months to get back Smiley Frustrated

Any way to go back lol!!

Message 5 of 13
S.Faris

Didn't it prompt you to take a backup of your settings before resetting? I really hope you didn't skipped that 🙂

SALMANUL FARIS

Message 6 of 13
cadffm

1. The program asked if you want to export the customized settings first

Why you said no ???

2. If you lost anything, my question is: Why you change the standard?

Better is to ADD your own stuff!

3. I am sure you have a simple backup of all files, or?

If not, I think you will do these things in the future 🙂

_

4. You can not stretch/grab the palette: If you tried this (by push&drag via left mouse button)

normally it should work IF you push the button at the right (2pixel height) point.

And Lockui=0

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 7 of 13
dbrblg
in reply to: S.Faris

Oh no, I didn't skip that 🙂  I have a nice zip file but I'm wondering what the correct way for recovery was.

I see it is just a folder structure full of files so do you just recover these from the zip or is there a program to do this for you?

Message 8 of 13
dbrblg

@cadffm wrote:

1. The program asked if you want to export the customized settings first

Why you said no ???

2. If you lost anything, my question is: Why you change the standard?

Better is to ADD your own stuff!

3. I am sure you have a simple backup of all files, or?

If not, I think you will do these things in the future 🙂

_

4. You can not stretch/grab the palette: If you tried this (by push&drag via left mouse button)

normally it should work IF you push the button at the right (2pixel height) point.

And Lockui=0

1: I didn't say no!!  I just need to know how to recover from this backup.

2: The standard hasn't changed.  All I did was to add my own customisation and setttings which is what I now need to recover as point 1.

3: Yep.  Have the zip file to prove it!!

4: I will try this if when I've restored to where I was before and the problem returns.

Message 9 of 13
cadffm

There are three options

- Reset to default.. with the option for EXPORT settings(and files) before

- Export (equal the export option of reset-to-default)

- Import (exported settings)

sample german path, so you so have an idea where to search for it:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\<Program name>\Benutzerdefinierte Einstellungen migrieren

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 10 of 13
dbrblg

Thanks for this.

Imported and the issue has returned so we can definatly say this is a profile issue!!

I have tried and tried to grab the pallet and drag it down but I just cannot get hold of it.

Are the docking settings stored elsewhere (like the registry perhaps) so that I can disable docking and hopefully drag it from there? 

Message 11 of 13
cadffm

This ZIP package is much more then a simple profile, but ok (this story is too long for 'in a minute').

Set Lockui to 0 and try it multiple times again with left-mouse-click and drag

Command Parameters to force the palette open,

lockui 0 and you will reach your goal, i am sure - if you pick&drag at the right point to stretch it down (to make it larger first)

Or try a right-click to get the contextmenu - but i never tried this.

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 12 of 13
dbrblg

Couldn't get it to work last night; still had the same problem when I left.

So, this morning I was getting prepared to do screencast to show the issue but for some reason it now works.  When I click on the Parameters Button, it appeared docked in the ribbon bar (above the area which was indicating when enableign and disabling that function)!!

The only things which changed were the reset to defaults and then back again, and then a reboot.  We know that the reset and recovery didn't resolve the issue so what must have been required was the reset, recovery AND then a reboot.

Strange but so long as it works...

Thanks for you help guys.

Message 13 of 13
hencoop

@cadffm wrote:

Open your BEDIT, use the Parameter-Butoon (or PARAMETERS and PARAMETERSCLOSE) to toggle the palette visible state.

Look EXACTLY where the small jump is, at this position you are able to stretch the parameter manager palette bigger,

then you can undock the palette.

I have to do this 1x a week 😉

This led me to the solution which is to drag the palette off of the ribbon. @cadffm pointed to this solution and how to find the spot that lets you do that.  I was rounding the perimeter of the palette looking for that spot when the "X" to dismiss it showed at the left top corner (my palette was at the left of the ribbon).  Under this "X" was the solid left bar of the palette that, when clicked on, will let you move it.  Problem solved!  Thank you @cadffm  (I couldn't give you the solution (not my prerogative) but I did give you a "Like")

AutoCAD User since 1989. Civil Engineering Professional since 1983
Product Ver.: 13.6.1781.0 Civil 3D 2024.3 Update
Built On:        U.152.0.0 AutoCAD 2024.1.2
                        27.0.37.14 Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D 2024.0.1
                        8.6.52.0 AutoCAD Architecture 2024

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report