Standard scale defaults to custom

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
666 Views, 6 Replies

Standard scale defaults to custom

Hey all, first post here!

I've had a problem over the past week or so when I've been trying to set scales in viewports, Ive tried on various drawings, new templates etc and no matter what I do I can't seem to set the "standard scale."

I try select a scale, ie 1:150, and it just defaults back to "custom"

I can select and annotative scale, so that it looks right, but the the "standard scale" is not what I want, and I cant alter it. Occasionally I get lucky and both the annotative scale and standard scale read the same thing!

I have tried entering the scale as a number, and from the drop down box. Both of which I can type or select, but defaults back to custom.

I can select the right scale in the "annotative scale" drop down box, then a little blue icon lights up saying - viewport scale is not equal to annotational scale - which I can press and it does alter the "standard scale" to what Ive selected it to be. How ever doing this on 2 different layouts result in the drawings appearing different sizes (!?)

I'm sure I'm missing something simple somewhere, but I'm at a bit of a loss now!

Its been a long time since I've used Acad even semi-seriously (the last time I properly used it was a University in 2006!)

Any help appreciated!

Cheers

Ben

Untitled.jpg

john.vellek has embedded your image(s) for clarity

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
john.vellek
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

I see that you are visiting as a new member to the AutoCAD forum. Welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Have you tried resetting your scale list and then applying the scale?

Are you willing to share a sample file that I can examine?

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Hi John, I've tried resetting the scale list ( -scalelistedit ?) with no success (the list reset, but no joy on the scaling front)

I'm certainly willing to share the drawing, it's not the prettiest or neatest but functional for what I need!

Thanks!

Ben

be gentle if its something daft!

using Autocad 2017

Message 4 of 7
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

I copied the contents of your model to a new drawing and then imported the layouts from it as well using DesignCenter.  This now allows me to pick a scale from the Scale List. It appears that there is something wrong with the CANNOSCALE in the original file.

I did notice that I could set the Zoom scale manually (1/50xp) but the error remained with the scale list. I can dig deeper if necessary but this might be the easy fix.  Please take a look at the attached file and let me know it works for you. If it does, you will need to spend some time resetting some of the views.

Capture.PNG

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

Hi,

I can't open the test file that you sent back as it was created with a new version. I'm trying to download TrueView as per the pop up box suggestion, but internet here is terrible so it may take a while!

As long as I can get my drawings at 1:150 I'm not too concerned how I do it!

Many thanks for your help so far,

I will let you know how it goes!

Ben

Message 6 of 7
john.vellek

Hi Ben,

Here is a 2013 format of my version. I hope this works for you.

John Vellek

Message 7 of 7
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

I am checking back to see if my post helped you with your problem or question. Please mark my post as the solution if it resolved the issue or give me a bit more detail on this issue so we can continue to work towards getting this solved.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if a post or posts solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report