Did you mean: 

shift + mouse3 change the way it functions

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
livefreeforever
254 Views, 2 Replies

shift + mouse3 change the way it functions

All the sudden, when I press shift + mouse3 it 3D orbits the object on some random axis (indicated by a green ball) out in the middle of nowhere. It used to nicely spin/turn the object and I could angle my view perfectly.

I used Autocad 2 days ago and it was fine, but now I can barely get work done because of this one issue. I never realized how much I used this shortcut until today, can someone please help me fix this?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi livefreeforever and welcome to the Forums!

The fastest way to attempt a fix would be to Reset settings to Default. This will likely restore the settings that have inadvertently  changed.

If you would like to try and find the one setting that has changed we can try to do that as well. Please tell me which version of AutoCAD you are using.

Is Mouse 3 a three button and wheel mouse? If so, its settings are likely controlled outside of AutoCAD. Please describe your hardware so we can fix the problem.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if my post fully solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 3

worked! easy and fast, thankyou.  Thats going to be my go-to problem solver!  I can get back to work now 😄

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost