Did you mean: 

Sheet Set Printing Slow

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
rayford.henderson
2492 Views, 4 Replies

Sheet Set Printing Slow

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing extremely slow printing from the Sheet Set Manager? i have noticed several of my projects printing extremely slow and for no apparent reason. Currently printing just (2) 22x34 layouts from the same drawing with PDF background and so far they still have not printed and its been over an hour. Other sets have had at least one sheet with geo PDF from USGS as background and they print slow too but not this slow.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: rayford.henderson

Do you have background publishing turned on? Turn it off.
Otherwise there is not enough information to help you speed things up, what can slow the process are too numerous to count without access to your files.

Message 3 of 5

If you have PDF's attached that is likely the cause for slow printing.

What are you printing to?  Hardcopy ?  Or PDF ?  Or DWF ?

If you only have two sheets it is hardly worthwhile using SSM.

Are you using Page Setup Manager?

Try printing the individual sheets and see if that is faster.

Message 4 of 5
neaton
in reply to: rayford.henderson

I had this happen a few days ago and auditing the file found some corrupted elements. It printed normally after auditing.

Nancy

Message 5 of 5
rayford.henderson
in reply to: pendean

Turning off background printing seemed to help speed things up, but this seems to be a poor fix for the problem seeing we have background printing for a reason (i.e. - to print in the background and continue working), lol. The two sheets were part of a larger set, so the Sheet Set manager was necessary instead of printing individually. Should be able to simply choose one, or as many as needed, print in background, and continue working - all with the speed of AutoCAD versions in the past (perfect world scenario). Thanks all, and pendean!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report