Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting Dimension Linetype Scale

21 REPLIES 21
Message 1 of 22
mkoeninger
3617 Views, 21 Replies

Setting Dimension Linetype Scale

Is there anyway to control the linetype scale for dimensions, besides using the CELTSCALE command?

21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22
IkaroFalcao
in reply to: mkoeninger

You could use ltscale, but it would scale the linetype of all the objects displayed, instead of only the current one using celtscale.

Message 3 of 22
elshawadfy

You can select all the wanted dimensions and change their line type scale directly in the properties palette..

To select dimensions of a specific style you can use either filter or qselect or selectsimilar

Message 4 of 22

Hi @mkoeninger,

just a little reminder that you have to mark an accepted solution in this thread, if any of the above posts could give you the desired answer. Doing this, all readers can benefit from your experience. 

Thank you

Tags (1)
Message 5 of 22

Nothing useful has been offered.

Mike Koeninger
Design/Drafting Technician
Dir: (513) 386-8312
Message 6 of 22
RobDraw

Post number three answers your question as stated. If you need more help, more information is needed.

@mkoeninger wrote:
Nothing useful has been offered.

Mike Koeninger

BTW, that's a fine way of saying thank you.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 7 of 22
jggerth

One question is, what linetpes are you trying to use for dimension?  Normal industry practice, whether AEC or GD&T, is continuouse linetype for dimension and extension lines, so you're apparently trying to do something unique.  What exactly?  How exactly?  and if you don't mind --- why?

Message 8 of 22
mkoeninger
in reply to: RobDraw

I wanted a way to change the linetype scale for dimension extension lines for a dimension style, existing and future.  I know can change it after the fact, but I don't want to do that after every time I make a new dimension.

The only way to do this is as stated in my original post.

Message 9 of 22
mkoeninger
in reply to: jggerth

I'm changing the extension linetype for dimensions going to the centerline of objects to Center.

The scale of the drawing doesn't permit me to use centerlines on the objects (the spaces in the lines are not visible).

Message 10 of 22
RobDraw

As you are finding out. Lintype scale is not a good way of doing this. Try using a linetype that fits, like CENTER2. If that still isn't small enough, you may need a custon linetype.

Rob

Message 11 of 22
elshawadfy

It would be much easier then to just remove that extention line r make it very short or a point, and extend the center line it self..

--------

One oter work around is to remove both extention lines, and iclude them in the arrow bloch, (Fixed Length extention lines) and scale line types as you please..

Message 12 of 22
mkoeninger
in reply to: elshawadfy

The objects are blocks, therefore, adding a centerline would be more work.

Mike Koeninger
Message 13 of 22
RobDraw

Why don't you just show us exactly what you want to do instead of giving us little bits of information when a solution doesn't work?

Did you try the CENTER2 lintype, yet?

BTW, dimensioning to the center line is probably the poper way to do it as opposed to assiging it to the dimension.

Rob

Message 14 of 22
elshawadfy

What I meant for the workarround was that you edit the block of the arrowhead (or use a custome one) in the dimension style itself and bake the extenion line into it.. 

now if you want to change the lintype scale of all extetion lines of that dimension style - [and only that dimesion style or the ones using its arrow].. you just edit the block and change the linetype scale..

Message 15 of 22
mkoeninger
in reply to: elshawadfy

Thanks, I'll take your suggestion in consideration.
Message 16 of 22
RobDraw

You're welcome.

Rob

Message 17 of 22
elshawadfy

You're welcome Mkoeninger!!

Message 18 of 22
mkoeninger
in reply to: RobDraw

What I want is to select a dimension style and have the linetype scale be something different than LTSCALE, in my case 0.5.  The only way to do this is to change the CELTSCALE value.  However, this changes any new object's scale, i.e. dimension, line.

I have used CENTER2.

Message 19 of 22
RobDraw

So, CENTER2 did as you desired or are you still not getting what you want?

Rob

Message 20 of 22
elshawadfy

Check the drawing below, and try ading some dimensions..

Change linetypes, LTypeScales, global individual, for the dimensions, ofr the drawing objects.....

- Notice the extetion liness in all cases..

---------------------------

Now edit teh block "ArchTick"

and select the extention's linetypescale in the properties, - save the block and exit..

-  Notice what hapens to the extetion lines now..

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost