Did you mean: 

selecting multiple grips

20 REPLIES 20
SOLVED
Message 1 of 21
Darwin33
8603 Views, 20 Replies

selecting multiple grips

Does anybody can help me with this issue?

Is it possible to select multiples grips once in a time. I mean using shift left key you can select one by one, but I wonder if you could select all them at the same time, like using window or poligone selection tool.

Best regards

20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
in reply to: Darwin33

ummmm.... what are you planning on doing with ALL the grips selected??  That would be the same as simply selecting the objects, right??  What am I missing??

Message 3 of 21
Darwin33
in reply to: Anonymous

Sometimes when you have a polyline with multiple vertices and you only want to edit some of them.

It s not big deal but I wonder why you cant select all together.

Message 4 of 21
Anonymous

How is AutoCAD gonna know which you want to edit??  Maybe an idea for the wishlist.

The only real function you'd be using for editing some vertices on a polyline would be stretch ... I just use the stretch command and get the ends I need in a crossing window.

Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I have the same problem, usually I need to edit multiples grips of several polylines at time and I don't find any solution yet

Message 6 of 21
Anonymous

You could use the STRETCH command rather than grips- as it accepts the full set of selection modifiers: box, crossing, window-poly, crossing-poly, and so on. I assume you're not trying to window select other types of grips, like rotation grips or such. And it also works on 3D polys, but not solids.

Message 7 of 21
Obermeitkc147

have you found a shortcut for this?!?!?!

i often have to selected multiple grip nodes on blocks and use shift+click to select the 'move grip' of 20+ items to move all at once. becomes very tedious try selecting 20+ individual items multiple times a day!! 

any suggestions?

Message 8 of 21
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: Obermeitkc147

@Obermeitkc147 wrote:

i often have to selected multiple grip nodes on blocks and use shift+click to select the 'move grip' of 20+ items to move all at once. becomes very tedious try selecting 20+ individual items multiple times a day!! 

Unless I'm misunderstanding what you want to do....

Just pre-select all the Blocks, pick on any grip on any one of them, and hit Enter, and you'll be Moving them all at once.  Hit Enter again if you want to Rotate them all at once instead, and again if you want to ... [you can check out all the possibilities].

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 9 of 21
Obermeitkc147
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

MOVE NODE.png

Message 10 of 21

MOVE NODE 2.png

Message 11 of 21
Kent1Cooper

@Obermeitkc147 wrote:
SHIFT+SELECTED MULTIPLE GRIPS TO MOVE TOGETHER

I understand, but you don't need to do it that way.  Have you tried  what I described in my previous Reply?

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 12 of 21
Obermeitkc147

yea, I've been trying multiple variations of that and experimenting with different types of grips but I haven't had any result like you described.

but I know 'SPOOLDIM' in MEP acts like you describe but its not here...

Message 13 of 21
Kent1Cooper

@Obermeitkc147 wrote:

... I've been trying multiple variations of that and experimenting with different types of grips but I haven't had any result like you described.

So I put a few Blocks in my drawing, then here's a Command-line history [the black parts]:

{With no command active, I picked in empty space to start a crossing window for noun-verb-mode selecting them}

Command: Specify opposite corner or [Fence/WPolygon/CPolygon]:

{I picked the opposite corner of the window, so I had several Blocks selected that way.}

Command:

{I picked on one of their insertion-point grips}

** STRETCH **
Specify stretch point or [Base point/Copy/Undo/eXit]:

{It was showing moving the one whose grip I picked on; I pressed Enter, and it changed mode for all of them collectively, to:}
** MOVE **
Specify move point or [Base point/Copy/Undo/eXit]:

{and they all Moved together to where I took them -- end of operation.}

What happens when you follow the same procedure?  Can you copy/paste a command-line history like this?

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 14 of 21
Obermeitkc147

Thanks for looking into this! I will try this tomorrow morning and update you.

The blocks I'm working with have multiple move grips (like a Leader w/ Text) I wonder if this makes a difference?

anyways thanks again ill try this out soon.

Message 15 of 21
Obermeitkc147

Ok, so this will only move the insertion points, this is the command line from trying it on the leader/ text base point:

"

Command: Specify opposite corner or [Fence/WPolygon/CPolygon]:
Command:
Specify point location or [Base point/Undo/eXit]:

[trying to select leader/text base point->]
Point or option keyword required.

[only has the one grip i selected moving->]
Specify point location or [Base point/Undo/eXit]: *Cancel*
Command: *Cancel*

"

move node 3.png

Message 16 of 21
Kent1Cooper

@Obermeitkc147 wrote:

Specify point location or [Base point/Undo/eXit]: this is where you should hit Enter, to go into everything-selected operation and Move mode, before:

[trying to select leader/text base point->] ....

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 17 of 21
Obermeitkc147

then it just moves the entire block

Message 18 of 21
Kent1Cooper

I missed the fine print in your latest image.  If they're dynamic  Blocks, I am not up to speed on those -- I hope someone else will jump in.  If they're Leader/Text objects within ordinary Blocks, BEDIT or REFEDIT should do it to all of them in all insertions.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 19 of 21
jenstoft91

I will post this answer for people like me, who found this thread years later.

I have been having this same question for a long time, and i stumbled across the solution when a collegue showed me how he used the STRETCH function.

When selecteing objects with the stretch function, it's actually selecting individual handles - not whole objects, as it's actually showing after the selection.

I've attached an explanation.

Message 20 of 21

Thanks dude, appreciate it. Been looking for this for a while and you are the only one who has given me what I need.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta