Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

script command not working

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
3272 Views, 9 Replies

script command not working

in Autocad 2011 I used command "script", in Autocad 2014 this command not working. Whats problem?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

It works with my AutoCAD 2014.  Do you have the below command?

If so, are you getting an 'unknown command' error?

2015-04-21_7-30-55.jpg

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous

yes..'unknown command' zoom...((((

Message 4 of 10
thisispreston

If you know where the script file is located you can just drag & drop it into your AutoCAD window, you don't even need to run the command. That's what I always do in 2013, so much so I wasn't even aware there was a 'Script' command!

-----------------------------------------------
"music is my religion" - Jimi Hendrix
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous

Then you may have bigger problems, other commands may also return an 'unknown command' error.

When starting AutoCAD, do any errors appear in the command line?

Message 6 of 10
Kent1Cooper

@Anonymous wrote:

yes..'unknown command' zoom...((((

Welcome to these Forums!

The above suggests that the Script is starting [meaning the Script command is working fine] and that Zoom is the first command in it.  You may have a differently-defined Zoom command as part of some overlay program or something, and the native Zoom command may have been undefined.  If that might be the issue, try putting a period/decimal-point before the command name in the Script file, to force it to use the native command definition:

.zoom

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

with other command nothing happend. when I enter command script or push button, open window folder with scr. files and after, when I try open scr. file see messege about unknown command, may be old script not recognise in new version Autocad?

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

Many thanks Kent! Zoom is not the first command and I try change and add point, in this case have massege: uncnown command .Zoom

Message 9 of 10
Kent1Cooper

@Anonymous wrote:

Many thanks Kent! Zoom is not the first command and I try change and add point, in this case have massege: uncnown command .Zoom

If you're using a non-English version of AutoCAD, try forcing it to recognize the English command name by preceding it with an underscore:

_zoom

or to take care of that and the possibility of a different command definition, both an underscore and a period, either:

_.zoom or ._zoom

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 10 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

Thanks Kent! I use a non-English version of AutoCAD and with other command an underscore helped, but with ZOOM no variants(((

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta