Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scalling down or up but stop dimensions getting half or double

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
karagiorgisJBB4B
217 Views, 3 Replies

Scalling down or up but stop dimensions getting half or double

I have freaked out i am not sure what to do. I am using revit and exported a DWG from 1:50 to autocad. I want to transform it to 1;100 without changing the stupid dimensions.  I want my wall to be 7 even after the scale up, not 14, not 3.5. 7! How is this supposed to happen. I tried putting everything scalling to 1, annotatives, clear overrides, everything. Please help.

I want to actually have a big dwg with sections and elevations in 1:100, topography in 1:500, environment in 1:200 and floor plans in 1:100. [ My sections and elevations are shown correctly at 1.100 but my floor plans don't)

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CGBenner
in reply to: karagiorgisJBB4B

@karagiorgisJBB4B 

Hello and welcome!  It's been a long time since I have worked in AutoCAD, but if you are doubling the size of the drawing, should the Annotation scale be set to .5 in order to maintain the original dimensions?

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 3 of 4

Don't scale the model information.  Leave it at full size.  Do the different scales by way of Paper Space Viewports, with either Annotative Dimensions & Test or different Dimension & Text Styles for each scale.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: karagiorgisJBB4B

@karagiorgisJBB4B wrote:

...I am using revit and exported a DWG ...
... in 1:100...in 1:500... 1:200... 1:100. [ My sections and elevations are shown correctly at 1.100 but my floor plans don't)...

That's not how AutoCAD works, it is not REVIT at all, so I can see why you are struggling so much.

All of the scales you mentioned are for plotting, never drafting. You always draft (and probably need to export from REVIT?) at 1:1 scale. You then use Layouts with Viewports (as well as annotative text, annotation blocks and dimstyles), where the viewport has your desired output scale and it's content is correctly reflected at that plot scale.

Again, Aut0CAD is not REVIT, so your workflows are going to be different. Much different.

Do you have an AutoCAD-only user/partner that can assist you with your REVIT conversions and DWG file setups in AutoCAD? This is going to be a steep learning curve for you (and your DWG recipients whom I assume are clients) otherwise.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report