Did you mean: 

Scaling drawings

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Szigeti.Eduard
833 Views, 7 Replies

Scaling drawings

I have two drawings, one from the architect and one from the structural engineer.

When I import them in revit, the structural drawing seems fine, but when I import the arhitectural drawing is way to small. 

I need to make the exactly the same and I don't know how.

The only thing that seems different to me is that one is in inches and one in mm.

Please see attached screen shots.

The small dot in the right up corner in the Autocad file is the architect drawing and the big one is the engineer drawing.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
RobDraw
in reply to: Szigeti.Eduard

Which units are correct for the project? All trades should be working in the same units. The only exception being Civil which might choose a larger unit but would be the same as far as imperial vs. metric. Ideally, you would go back to the offending trade and have them fix the file(s).

Also, this should be asked in the Revit forum.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 3 of 8
Szigeti.Eduard
in reply to: RobDraw

I can't scale it in Revit and is not for my work.

Is there any solution to it?

Message 4 of 8
RobDraw

Yes but you haven't said which units are correct and also import into Revit using the correct units. The particulars of the project will determine exactly how to proceed.

Rob

Message 5 of 8
Szigeti.Eduard
in reply to: RobDraw

The only thing I want is, that when I open the architectural model and I put it over the structural one, they have to be the same.

I can't work in Autocad, I concentrated more on Revit than Autocad.

I imported well the file in Revit

Message 6 of 8
RobDraw

Since you are unwilling to provide the required information, I cannot be of any more assistance.

Good luck!

Rob

Message 7 of 8

open a new file in revit then link your architectural autocad file and set your projects units. now open again a new revit file link your structural autocad file and save as struct.rvt maybe. close the struct.rvt. open you architectural rvt file and revit link your struct.rvt and see if they are same units and if not adjust your struct.rvt project units and reload again just go to manage link to reload and see if helps. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 8 of 8

another way is to change your link cad units to suits your project units and see if helps. thanks

rtyu.JPG

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report