Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rotating question.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
john.p.addy
212 Views, 4 Replies

Rotating question.

Good morning everyone,  I have a question.  I have ran into the same issue in the past but can't remember what the fix was for it.   I have a snip it above the drawing.  I'm trying to rotate the snip it but it isn't rotating for some reason.  I have attached a copy of the original drawing.  

thanks for any help

Thank you,
John Addy
Electrical Engineering Tech.
Department of Defense
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
cadffm
in reply to: john.p.addy

There was no other fix, than using another objecttype, EDIT: (or you edit (rotate) your OLE content outside of AutoCAD)

You can attach an image and you can rotate this reference, which is showing the image file content.

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
john.p.addy
in reply to: cadffm

Before we upgraded our laptops to Win 11,  We had Win 10.  I was able to rotate a snipit no issues.  

Thank you,
John Addy
Electrical Engineering Tech.
Department of Defense
Message 4 of 5
pendean

@john.p.addy wrote:

Before we upgraded our laptops to Win 11,  We had Win 10.  I was able to rotate a snipit no issues.  

Changing operating systems does not change how the reinstalled same year version AutoCAD program works: you probably forgot how you did it exactly (your previous post is an example, 2022 I believe?), or this is not the same object type or situation or something yet to be defined, or you had a 3rd party add-on that never made it with the new OS migration reinstall.

If you remember where, find an old drawing that you did this in and try it there too: remember OLEs and attached Images and XREFs all behave different.

And as a reminder: did you ever confirm you have the 2022.1.3 installed Update yet? ABOUT command will confirm what you have installed. If not, get it from your Autodesk Account Page here https://manage.autodesk.com/cep/#products-services/updates
Restart your PC afterwards.

pendean_0-1700665638320.png

Message 5 of 5
leeminardi

As already suggested you could rotate the image outside of AutoCAD but here's a crazy approach.  Make a material from the image and assign it to a plane which you can rotate.  Of course, you'll need to have the Realistic visual style active to see it.😁 

leeminardi_0-1700668687307.png

lee.minardi

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta